1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung Alexander PS42P3SX

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Attu, Jun 19, 2003.

1. Attu

Attu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Has anyone got any info on the PS42P3SX ?
    I was all set to buy a Hitachi 42PD3000 untill I saw the review/preview of the Samsung in this months What Home Cinema.
    It sounds like a nice Plasma and I like the idea of the Pixel shift technology to eradicate screen burn as the wife spends all her time watching Sky...Big brother :eek:
    Empiredirect are listing the Screen as avalable for around £2,700 but i cant find any other info on the internet about this screen.

Andy

2. briandzo

briandzo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the pioneer plasma has the ability to randomly shift a 4:3 picture so that the side bars are not always in the same place. this is done automatically.

As for the wife watching SKY, set the plasma to Zoom mode. im sure she wont miss the top and bottom of the picture.

my misses likes to watch those naff talk shows on satelite. She's never noticed that there foreheads are sometimes out of picture, as i set the plazy to zoom.

3. RichardJ

RichardJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The Hitachi has a pixel shift based screen saver also according to its specs.

4. Attu

Attu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Thanks for the replies.
    I think im still errring towards the Hitatchi at this time as its had some very good reviews but ill see if i can get an audition on the Samsung.

Thanks

Andy