Samsung AIO HT-XQ100

MrMister111

Anyone got or seen the Samsung HT-XQ100 http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/homecinema/homecinema/ht_xq100rxeu.asp?page=Features

I am after an AIO with HDMI, black colour (to match my Sammy 40" LCD), upscaler, USB to play DivX

I dont really want to go the seperate's route as Im trying to make a tidy setup, ie TV, V+, Xbox 360 and AIO, thats all I want.

I have found this for about £270, Only trouble is its a top loading slot DVD, which in a TV cabinet that I have http://www.optimum2000.com/vision.html the 900/3B Im not sure that it would fit, ie I would have to keep moving it to load a DVD, a minor gripe maybe (why didnt they make it front more for TV cabinet??)

Anyone else found one? or have comments on this one?

Cheers

Sq1rr3ll

Novice Member
Hi andyloc

Have you looked at the HT-TX35R? Just bought one to go with M87 - it's black (with a touch of chrome - nice) matches tv perfectly, front tray loader, upscales, USB hub, divx, 800w etc etc
Only thing is it has tallboy speakers - I assume you were looking at the XQ100 as it has the smaller speakers? Oh, and TX35R is 5.1

MrMister111

No I actually wanted Tall boys better to be honest!! where is this?

How much you pay and from where please? has it got a HDMI, I wil try and google it,
if you could give me more info please

Is it a Samsung as well? it must have an optical in as well, a lot of sets dont as I belive this is the only way to get 5.1 out of my Xbox 360

I see its a Samsung, its not even on there website thats the reason I never saw it!

Can you confirm it has an optical in please? also where you got it from seems hard to find, is it new or older model?

cheers

Sq1rr3ll

Novice Member
No I actually wanted Tall boys better to be honest!! where is this?

How much you pay and from where please? has it got a HDMI, I wil try and google it,
if you could give me more info please

Is it a Samsung as well? it must have an optical in as well, a lot of sets dont as I belive this is the only way to get 5.1 out of my Xbox 360

I see its a Samsung, its not even on there website thats the reason I never saw it!

Can you confirm it has an optical in please? also where you got it from seems hard to find, is it new or older model?

cheers
Hi andyloc

The new Samsung HT-TX35R is 800w, has HDMI out (through which the dvd upscales to 720p/1080i), has 1 optical input (I have 360 also - and you are correct in believing this is the only option for 5.1 from the console), is USB hub (to attach mass storage/mp3 player/camera etc), has RDS radio tuner etc etc. Great for the money.

I paid £233 from Amazon - if you buy from RGBdirect (for a bit more) you can get the system with region free upgrade at no charge.

Have a look at the HT-TX35R thread - there are some pics posted there.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=512745

Hope I've helped.

MrMister111

excelent thanks, it must be new yeh, I have seen it at Dabs for that price to, think its the one for me!!

Cheers for the heads up, have you tried some TV epsiodes playing through the USb? in DivX are they ok?

Also do you get a HDMI and an optical cable with it included?

cheers

Sq1rr3ll

Novice Member
Can't say I've tried any DivX through it - so it's difficult for me to answer that one.
I can confirm that the only cables that come with it are a VIDEO cable, FM antenae and speaker cables.

Oh and before you sell your granny for some top of the line Monster cables, you might want to read this....just out of curiosity.

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=38886

chris26

Standard Member
Can't say I've tried any DivX through it - so it's difficult for me to answer that one.
I can confirm that the only cables that come with it are a VIDEO cable, FM antenae and speaker cables.

Oh and before you sell your granny for some top of the line Monster cables, you might want to read this....just out of curiosity.

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=38886
Hi Sq1rr3ll

Good post there about the hdmi.

And thanks for info on the Samsung HT-TX35, i was going to buy a sony HTSF-1100 next month but i think ill get with this one now, it will look so much better with my Samsung TV, the only thing is i already have the Samsung HD860 dvd upscaler so will have sell that.

Cheers mate

Sq1rr3ll

Novice Member
Hi Chris

I'm sure the Sony is an excellent system - I don't work for Samsung or anything! ha ha
If you are anything like me, I just like things to "match up" - I'm not even saying that the TX35R is the best system out there - but what i do know is that, for the money, you are getting a very well specified system which fits in with your Samsung tv.

The fact is, the room my equipment is in is not perfect. My tv is in one corner and my seating position is against a wall - hence not ideal positioning for a "true" surround experience. Ideally, I'm sure a square/rectangular room - where the rears can be positioned directly behind (with the seating position forward), the fronts either side of the tv postion (centred of course)...you know what I'm getting at.....but, unfortunatley, my room is not a cinema.
I am not seeking perfection in sound (if I was, I would be spending much more than £233 I imagine), I just want a more immersive experience at a decent price. Isn't this really what everyone wants, when it comes down to it?

Anyway, I'm getting boring again so I'll finish there - I'm sure you will make the best decision for you.

chris26

Standard Member
Hi Chris

I'm sure the Sony is an excellent system - I don't work for Samsung or anything! ha ha
If you are anything like me, I just like things to "match up" - I'm not even saying that the TX35R is the best system out there - but what i do know is that, for the money, you are getting a very well specified system which fits in with your Samsung tv.

The fact is, the room my equipment is in is not perfect. My tv is in one corner and my seating position is against a wall - hence not ideal positioning for a "true" surround experience. Ideally, I'm sure a square/rectangular room - where the rears can be positioned directly behind (with the seating position forward), the fronts either side of the tv postion (centred of course)...you know what I'm getting at.....but, unfortunatley, my room is not a cinema.
I am not seeking perfection in sound (if I was, I would be spending much more than £233 I imagine), I just want a more immersive experience at a decent price. Isn't this really what everyone wants, when it comes down to it?

Anyway, I'm getting boring again so I'll finish there - I'm sure you will make the best decision for you.
Hi Sq1rr3ll

Just wondering what the sound was like on the system , i currently own a 6 year old sony MHC-S9D home cinema seperates sytem and the sound is really good and very loud as its from full size speakers but half of the system isnt working anymore and it takes up a lot of room so down-sizing in sound is really something i wanna try avoiding. the room is square though so the rear speakers will be either side of me so that might help.
also how long did amazon take to deliver as will proberly order from them as well.
And one last thing i noticed the picture on play.com for the Samsung HT-TX35's subwoofer was differnt to the one you've shown on the other link. There showing the one you have pictured for the lower model. Sorry gone on abit : )

cheers mate

Sq1rr3ll

Novice Member
Hey Chris

The sound on this sytem is GREAT. To my ears anyway. There is such a deep rumble from the sub - have only just properly set the system up (now it's the weekend) - had to run the speaker wires etc...nightmare.
The only dvd I have tried up to now is Serenity - especially wanted to hear the scene on second chapter? where the ship is introduced (entering the upper atmosphere of the planet) - awesome.
Had the sound at 20 (just over 1/3 volume) and my partner arrived home - needless to say that she suggested we should buy a house that is VERY well detatched when we move (near future).

There are a lot of adjustments that can be made in the systems menu also - obviously lip sync (speaker delay) etc aswell as individual speaker sound level adjustments. One thing I have noticed is that the remote requires a "positive" press on the buttons to activate - there also seems to be a slight delay before it actions. Maybe it's just me?

Amazon were very good (as I expected) - I have ordered a number of items from them over a period of time and have never had any problems. I know some people have.
I ordered the system last Sunday evening and it arrived Weds lunchtime. Quite a big, heavy box (which I anticipated) so had it delivered at home. Arrived via parcel force (free delivery) - but they don't give any specifics regarding estimated time of delivery. I called the local depot and they were able to call the driver (he was only 10 mins away) ...but I had already waited in all morning before this as they initially told me he was normally in my area around 9:30am - oh well.

As for the sub picture on Play.com - looks like it has a round speaker cover (mine is square) but I definately have the 135w sub (as opposed to the 100w on the TX25) so I'm unsure as to if a cosmetic change has been made? All the specs seem exactly the same.

Hope this is helpful.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom