Samsung ain't too helpful!! What to do - Dead pixels??

vfx

Standard Member
Reaction score
Ok this seems a bit of a overlooked area, basically, I have a week old Samsung LE32N73BDX which had one dead pixel on first setup, and now after a week I have noticed another...

I contacted Samsung, and they said this is NOT a manufacturing fault????? And that they do not have to do anything... this is the fourth call I've made, and one guy seemed ready to see what he could do, whilst another (on returning their phonecall) said he would deal with the case, and that there was nothing that could be done to help me...

they even refused to put in writing that it was not their responsibility (that it wasn't a manufacturing fault).

I've filed an official complaint, but would love to hear some feedback from the excellent knowledge base here? i.e. any suggestions what I should do next?

Contact the retailer - your contract is with them NOT samsung.

isnt there a minimum amount of dead pixels that the manufacturers allow?

isnt there a minimum amount of dead pixels that the manufacturers allow?
Yesm but either way a dead pixel is fault and therefore the panel should be returned to the shop for a replacement immediately.

Ok this seems a bit of a overlooked area, basically, I have a week old Samsung LE32N73BDX which had one dead pixel on first setup, and now after a week I have noticed another...

I contacted Samsung, and they said this is NOT a manufacturing fault????? And that they do not have to do anything... this is the fourth call I've made, and one guy seemed ready to see what he could do, whilst another (on returning their phonecall) said he would deal with the case, and that there was nothing that could be done to help me...

they even refused to put in writing that it was not their responsibility (that it wasn't a manufacturing fault).

I've filed an official complaint, but would love to hear some feedback from the excellent knowledge base here? i.e. any suggestions what I should do next?

Try this link, It is a bit dated but may help

http://www.behardware.com/articles/519-9/lcd-screens-dead-pixels.html

Go to who you bought it from.
If it has only been a week you still have your 28 days statutory rights.
Where did you get it from?

I've just done this with a Hyundai display from ebuyer. Arrived with an extremely annoying stuck red pixel.
I sent it back to Ebuyer who returned it as no fault found and put a slip of paper in with the display with Hyundai's number suggesting I should call them for a replacement.
I sent it back again this time stating that my contract was with Ebuyer and the display was faulty from new. Lo and behold they sent me a new display with no dead or faulty pixels.
It seems a lot of panel manufacturers are saving a lot of money by selling these defective panels and hiding behind the ISO quality standard for number of dead pixels allowed.
It's my opinion that any panel supplied new with dead/stuck pixels is faulty and should be replaced no questions asked. You wouldn't settle with it on a CRT or Plasma if they had screen faults so it's not acceptable with an LCD.
Consumer laws are there to protect you, go back to the supplier and demand a replacement or refund as the screen is not fit for purpose.

Tottally agree Fargo.

I bought it from Empire Direct - thing is it's a replacement already!!

Cheers for the support

I'm going thru the same thing with my 3rd Samsung tv - altho so far Currys have obliged. First tv had no dead / stuck pixels but weird light contrast areas in the corners. 2nd tv arrived yday via courier - dead pixels ALL over the place.

rang up currys today (20 dec) and told them wasn't happy, this time drove down to currys store, gave my old tv and brought home the new one, and this ALSO has dead pixels. Not as many as the 1st - but wtf? Going to be going for my fourth tv tomorow (21 dec) but at this rate i feel like just getting a refund. And i've no idea what currys will say about this. I feel like switching to a diff brand.

I totaly agree - 1 dead pixel, even 1 stuck pixel - is 1 too many. It's a tv - and it shoud look right all of the time. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Seems like these manufacturers are selling dodgy tv's afterall - in the hope that newbs won't notice. Ashame i have an eagle eye. I wish i couldn't see them - but i can and its not good enough :/

Message to vfx and suj69: PM me and I'll give you the name of who to contact directly at Samsung to fix these issues.

cheers chiswick, but i ended up getting a refund - couldn't deal with 2 tv's in a row being bad-pixeled!

now on the hunt for a new tv

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom