Quantcast

Samsung aiming to put 2018 Smart TVs at the centre of your life

BAMozzy

Distinguished Member
Like they 'promised' with the 2016 line-up - What happened to the SmartThings Hub and USB SmartThings extender that was Promised!!!

daleski75

Like they 'promised' with the 2016 line-up - What happened to the SmartThings Hub and USB SmartThings extender that was Promised!!!
Precisely this is like yet another kick in the teeth from Samsung, one of my decisions in buying this was their promised support for smart things with dongle!

@Mark Hodgkinson Could you or @Steve Withers ask Samsung at CES if this will ever come to 2016 TV's as they previously promised it.

RMP888

I bought one of their "Smart TV"s several years ago and they progressively removed functionality that prevented even inbuilt hardware working, so would not count on them doing this correctly or even supporting it afterwards

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Indeed. Manufacturers big-up smart TVs, only to fail to support the apps. after a very short period of time. The TV forums are littered here with posts from people, who having bought a smart TV have found that after only a short period, these apps. break, and neither the TV manufacturer or app. authors can be bothered to fix things, expecting us to junk what we have in favour of the newest best thing since sliced bread. I take this sort of announcement with a pinch of salt. This is nothing new to my mind.

Clem