Samsung A656 Help

Reaction score
hi guys do all of this Range have the "motion/blur Problem" as i brought one and its got it and the firmware Update Did nothing

and the retailer wasnt exactly helpful in returning the item Tv for a Exchange

so i was just enquiring do they all Suffer

size ive brought is 37"

Last edited:
Last edited:
Not sure about the 37" but I don't have this issue with the 40" and the latest firmware. What source are you watching from, DTV? Try turning down the Sharpness to 5 or below and also search this forum for a thread called "LE40A656 Settings".

Probably just needs some configuration so don't panic just yet :)

Edit - Link here for you http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-televisions/883214-le-a656-settings-thread-part-2-a-25.html

hdmi mate

dont use The bulit in Dtv tuner

happens on

Upscaling Dvd Player (especially the sopranos)
Ps3 (fifa 09 and anything sporty are worse and cod5 is appaling)
Xbox (as above)

also snopper ive used 2 different sets of settings and either alter it a bit

Last edited:
hdmi mate

dont use The bulit in Dtv tuner

happens on

Upscaling Dvd Player (especially the sopranos)
Ps3 (fifa 09 and anything sporty are worse and cod5 is appaling)
Xbox (as above)

Assume you have Sky HD or something similar then? Are you using the entertainment modes like "Game" mode etc? Are you sure the Firmware update installed correctly?

Assume you have Sky HD or something similar then? Are you using the entertainment modes like "Game" mode etc? Are you sure the Firmware update installed correctly?

i think the update in stalled correctly how do i check ?

and no to modes has they make the picture look worse

Yep your on the latest firmware.

Not sure what else to say m8, did you turn down the backlight and sharpness settings? Try AlanCD's settings or Mumid's they work best for me and can be found in the settings thread. One last thing you do have 100hz mode turned off or on low right?

Yep your on the latest firmware.

Not sure what else to say m8, did you turn down the backlight and sharpness settings? Try AlanCD's settings or Mumid's they work best for me and can be found in the settings thread. One last thing you do have 100hz mode turned off or on low right?

completey off and ive had the back light and 1 and it still does it

Take that back now you are on an old firmware m8. You need to change the file name for the upload to work, this is all explained in the 2 threads I have mentioned. Basically some of these TV's had Pearl software and others Amber, if you have PRL in your Firmware it means the new AMB update won't work unless you rename the file. I highly recommending taking some time to read these threads.

Good luck :smashin:

Take that back now you are on an old firmware m8. You need to change the file name for the upload to work, this is all explained in the 2 threads I have mentioned. Basically some of these TV's had Pearl software and others Amber, if you have PRL in your Firmware it means the new AMB update won't work unless you rename the file. I highly recommending taking some time to read these threads.

Good luck :smashin:

hi ive changed the name and nothing mate i get Upgrading for about 2 seconds and then it goes off

So you extracted the EXE to a memory stick and then renamed the file from T-AMB to T-PRL and it still didn't work?

Never heard of that not working m8, you renamed it from T-AMBPEUMD-1020.1.bin to T-PRLPEUMD-1020.1.bin, tried the update and it still don't work :rolleyes: Im not sure what to suggest next.

Personally I own the 40" but can't see that making a difference! Have you tried another USB stick just in case its that? Also I assume there are no other files on the stick?

Never heard of that not working m8, you renamed it from T-AMBPEUMD-1020.1.bin to T-PRLPEUMD-1020.1.bin, tried the update and it still don't work :rolleyes: Im not sure what to suggest next.

Personally I own the 40" but can't see that making a difference! Have you tried another USB stick just in case its that? Also I assume there are no other files on the stick?

yes to another and nothing else on there

How long you had the TV for? I would maybe try Samsung if the retailer won't help, although If its in the first year use the sales of goods act which should make them listen!

Right After loads of words and that Retailer would take it back this is to see if all the units are the same as i really dont want the aggro again if they are

new unit comes tomorrow

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom