Samsung A656 changing the default source

Arbitrator

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Samsung LE37A656 and every time I turn it on it is on EXT1 which means each time I have to cycle through all the sources to get to DTV.

I cannot find anything in the book about changing the default source.

Anyone know if and how I can set it to turn on at DTV each time?

thanks for any help

Have you not tried turning it on from standby by just pressing the DTV button? On my Samsung A456 if you turn it on by the 'power' button it powers up on the last used source, including the HDMI's. Pressing 'TV/DTV' while on standby powers it up on the last previously used tuner, which in my case is DTV as analogue is no more down here.

Last edited:
my le40a656a1f always goes back to the last used source when switched on from standby...

Unfortunately it never turns back on to last source, it always turns on to EXT1.

Same thing happens with TV/DTV button :mad:

Do you have anything connected to the EXT1 scart socket (DVD player etc) that is powered up or in standby ? This can make the TV switch to that AV input on power up as it may be receiving the switching signal via scart.
If there is any equipment using EXT1 try un-plugging the scart lead, switch to DTV, power down, power up and see what input the TV starts on. If it goes to DTV then it's the swiching signal of the equipment plugged into EXT1.
You can stop this from happening by removing pin 8 on the scart lead so no switching signal can be transmitted (see diagram below).

Hope this helps,

Graham.

Attachments

• scartdiag.gif
    scartdiag.gif
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,082
Sounds a very likely cause, I will try that and get back.

Thanks for the suggestion

Do you have anything connected to the EXT1 scart socket (DVD player etc) that is powered up or in standby ? This can make the TV switch to that AV input on power up as it may be receiving the switching signal via scart.
If there is any equipment using EXT1 try un-plugging the scart lead, switch to DTV, power down, power up and see what input the TV starts on. If it goes to DTV then it's the swiching signal of the equipment plugged into EXT1.
You can stop this from happening by removing pin 8 on the scart lead so no switching signal can be transmitted (see diagram below).

Hope this helps,

Graham.
Great stuff. This was driving me nuts. Kids were waking me up at 7am as the brand new TV was turning on on Ext2 and they didn't know how to change source. Turns out it was the Wii. Cut off this pin and TV now comes on where turned off!

However I will have to show them how to change source as the Wii will no longer auto change when turned on!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom