• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

samsung a656 40 service menu HELP

dan006

went into service menu to find the usb setting for the firmware.As ive gone down the settings ive accidently changed some of the settings.Could someone please post all the default settings under "option table" It would be a great help to me and to the other people it happens to.Many thanks.

N

nobhead

If you do a factory reset on the tv by getting into the eng menu and go to reset it will go back to default settings i hope

the tv needs to be in standby
you need to fined the: INFO button, MENU button and MUTE button on the remote when you have found them you need to press them fast 1 after the other and then press the power button on the the remote then the tvs red light will flash a few times then a eng menu will come up on the tv if it dosnt then keep trying it,
when the eng menu is on then you need to use the down button to go to 12: reset, but only use the down button till you get to number 12: reset then click the left button next to the big ok button then the tv will turn off and then leave it for 30secs then turn it on and then samsung logo will come up then you need to do retune on the tv then it shud be fine hopfully
:smashin:

This works for most samsung LCD and plasma tvs so if any 1 wants to try it then they can, it some times sorts most problems with the tv's any problems give me a shout as i work with plasma and LCD tv's

badbob

Banned
First time I've heard that a reset in SM is perfectly safe, tbh I would think make it even worse or even brick it.

N

nobhead

I only herd of it a few months ago and it works fine on all samsung tvs, but you have to do exactly what i put coz you dont wanna change the calibration of the tv, but its a eng menu so some people dont know how to get into it. it is fine to do to tho:thumbsup:

dan006

thanks for the replys,yeah the factory reset only resets the tv settings and not settings in the service menu,but think ive now got it back to normal phewww!!!!

Macron

Banned
While we're here does anyone know or have a guide to the service menu in terms of finding any hidden enhancements? Or is the rest of the service menu best left alone?

I have a 5 series but it looks like they are very similar.

dan006

thanks for the replys,yaeh ive done the factory reset in service menu,unfortuately it resets everything apart from settings in service menu,but anyhow i think ive fixed it to the correct settings in the option settings..........pheeewwwwww!!!! never again am i going into this bad boy!!lol

badbob

Banned
While we're here does anyone know or have a guide to the service menu in terms of finding any hidden enhancements? Or is the rest of the service menu best left alone?

I have a 5 series but it looks like they are very similar.

I disabled Dynamic Dimming and Dynamic Contrast in service menu. Samsung M. The result is in "dynamic" mode looks exactly like movie without the horribleness of dynamic contrast enabled by default, when set to the same levels:thumbsup: So I have three settings, movie with backlight at 2, standard at 4 and dynamic at 8.

Would like to know if DNI-E can be disabled in SM though

Macron

Banned
I disabled Dynamic Dimming and Dynamic Contrast in service menu. Samsung M. The result is in "dynamic" mode looks exactly like movie without the horribleness of dynamic contrast enabled by default, when set to the same levels:thumbsup: So I have three settings, movie with backlight at 2, standard at 4 and dynamic at 8.

Would like to know if DNI-E can be disabled in SM though

Ok cool. Where abouts were those settings?

DNI-E is always greyed out on my set anyway, what's all that about?

dan006

if there is anyone out there who could post a complete layout of the option table settings(default) in the service menu,it would be wicked if someone could do it,so people like me(newb)can simply correct the settings weve accidently changed!! thanks :lease:

P

Prnii

OK, so i'm in the same situation as the person who created this thread. And i'm guessing that many other people are too, based on from what i've seen on this forum. I changed my service menu settings to be like someone elses on this forum, and I totally forgot to write my own down. So now i'm stuck with settings that don't please me, and need the defaults back. I understand that the service menu settings vary with each television set? Or at least there are different settings for each firmware? So if someone could PLEASE be so kind, and post pictures of their own unchanged service menu settings. I imagine that you'd be doing a great favor for many readers of this forum to date, and to come.

My Samsung is 37" A656, and my firmware is 1020.1.

mason__1

Standard Member
Yes I also have been in the service menu trying to sort out the motion plus issues and have accidentaly changed some settings in various submenus without writing the standard settings down.

Duh :oops:

Please can sombody who knows what they are doing make us a list?

:lease:

P

Prnii

This is actually pretty useless. When you post to an older thread of the same topic, you don't get noticed at all. But when you do a new topic which already existed at some point of this forums life, there's a line of smartasses telling you how to use search.

On the other hand, my ranting is also useless.

Google doesn't know anything about this problem, so this forum is pretty much the best way to get default service menu settings. Help would be much appreciated!

Curly99

Distinguished Member
This is actually pretty useless. When you post to an older thread of the same topic, you don't get noticed at all. But when you do a new topic which already existed at some point of this forums life, there's a line of smartasses telling you how to use search.

On the other hand, my ranting is also useless.

Google doesn't know anything about this problem, so this forum is pretty much the best way to get default service menu settings. Help would be much appreciated!
Can't be much more help than try reading and posting in this thread http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-televisions/601553-samsung-service-menu-research.html

Curly

D

Deleted member 293381

Hi Prnii

You have gone into the service menu and bricked your TV. OK - can accept that, tough luck.

Then you ask other people to go into their service menus and post up pictures.

What you are asking is for us to brick our TVs by going into the service menu!

Following that, you then moan about lack of notice to your post. Well, I've responded to your post: there is no way I shall brick my TV by rummaging around in the service menu.

Alan

P

Prnii

Hi Prnii

You have gone into the service menu and bricked your TV. OK - can accept that, tough luck.

Following that, you then moan about lack of notice to your post. Well, I've responded to your post: there is no way I shall brick my TV by rummaging around in the service menu.

Alan

I didn't ask people to brick their TV's for me? Please, don't put words in my mouth. I didn't even say that i bricked my own TV, so you should really read my post, before you post anything like that. Thanks.

I am simply asking for pictures of the service menu at it's original settings, so i could default my own settings according to them. Maybe someone might even have these kind of pictures already? It isn't that much of a problem if you ask me.

No need to get offended for no reason.

Curly99

Distinguished Member
Hi Prnii

Alan
if you read his post you will see that he has changed some settings in the service menu but doesn't like the results so he wants to change back to defaults but didn't note the original settings down, nowhere does he say he has bricked his TV.

@ Prnii, why not PM the person who's settings you used, maybe they have written the oreignal settings down and can send them to you... worth a try.

Curly

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom