Samsung A53: Anyone got this? What is the performance like?

Paul MC007

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi there

Toying with updating my Samsung Galaxy S10 lite with the Samsung A53 - seems like a similar, mid range phone to me.

The A53 ticks all my boxes - apart from the performance reviews online, which suggest it is sluggish, even at everyday tasks, like opening the camera etc. I've had a play around with one in the O2 store, but can't see any glitches or slow performance (although I know it's not a proper test or anything!)

So, my question is, does anyone have one of these, been using it a while? If so, how is, performance wise?

(I don't ever play games on phones or watch movies etc) - just mainly phone/Whatsapp/camera (video and pics)

Thanks for any advice

My friend who only bothers with mid range Samsungs has the A53 following my suggestion. She’s very happy with it and has not complained about performance but was coming from quite an old phone. It’s on the big side compared to the Galaxy 10e, which I have, but the battery life is far superior and it’s 5G. If you check the specs on a comparison site, you’ll see that the A53’s features and performance aren’t that different to the three year old S10e and in some cases are inferior. I expect that‘s why some reviewers consider the phone sluggish by 2022 standards. I’m not sure if the A53 that much of an upgrade to be honest.

My other suggestion to her was the Galaxy S21 FE which looks like the true successor to the S10e. It’s a clear upgrade and can be obtained on reasonable deals. Don’t know anyone who has one though. Hope that helps.

Edit. Just for clarification, I realise that you have the big screen & big battery S10 lite but its basic performance appears similar to my S10e, hence the comparison.

Last edited:
Thanks for your response. Interesting. Yep, think the S10e was similar to the S10 lite that I currently have. I just don't want to loose any of the features I currently have like the bigger screen and decent battery (that the A53 has). The other thing that slightly puts me off is how long reviewers say it takes to charge. Apparently it's 25w charging (which does seem pretty standard actually) but apparently my S10 lite is 45w? It takes about an hour from empty to be charged all the way back up again. I'm sure I saw that the A53 is about 2 hours? Can anyone confirm this? Thank you

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom