Samsung 95t showing hdr?

lgrenter

Novice Member
Hi all, i have just got a new 55 inch Samsung q95T and am loving the image compare to my older Samsung ku6400. We have the picture currently set to adaptive (please dont judge me! Lol), but I am now wondering if it is actually showing any hdr/uhd image.
we have Netflix at the full package, along with apple and Amazon, but at no time when we view a film or series do we get a notification saying hdr now showing. Our older ku model used to tell us this. When choosing films etc on apps or sky in its description it says uhd/hdr or hdr10 but when playing it says nothing to confirm. Does the tv automatically do this? Is adaptive stopping it? I have seen on some sites that if the info button on the remote is pressed then a box should appear to say but I get no such information when pressing it! Tv is currently connected to our house fibre bb via WiFi and seems stable. Sorry to waffle on, just wanted to make sure it’s set up correctly.
any advice would be much appreciated.

DavidT

On my Sony only Netflix will tell me the resolution when I press info on the tv remote, not whether its Dolby Vision or HDR. Amazon Prime and Disney+ don't tell me anything when I press info on the remote.

Mallett94

Distinguished Member
When the content has started you would be better off checking the picture mode that the TV is using whilst the content is playing to see if there is any indication that it has changed to some form of HDR mode. E.g. for non HDR content you might be using say the Movie picture mode. On some TVs for HDR 10 and HLG HDR content the picture mode would simply change to be the HDR version of that picture mode i.e. Movie (HDR) or something like that.

TVs that support Dolby Vision will explictly change to a picture mode called Dolby Vision, Dolby Vision Dark, Dolby Vision Bright or Dolby Vision IQ. Samsung TVs don't support this but they do support HDR10+. I have no experience with that though.

In general most people on this forum would not reccomend any sort of Adaptive mode for TVs haha. From my experience with Samsung TVs I have always found the Native picture mode to provide the most pleasing picture to my eye, obviously with some tweaking to the settings of course.

Hope this helps.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Anthem AVM 70 Review, EQing Your Home Cinema Sound System and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom