Samsung 935 DVI

C

cenkbut

Can Samsung 935 handle 720p/50hz?

I have heard that there was a judder problem with DVI connection of Samsung 935 as it can handle 720p/60hz only.

Does anyone use 935 with DVI connection. If you used, with which panel? Did you have such problems?

Thanks

I can tell you that the Yamakawa 365 can handle 720p/50Hz with the latest firmware upgrade. Has DVI conenction also. Can be bought from here www.computeruniverse.net

EDIT: Sorry, but I assumed that you don't already own a Samsung model. Sorry if I'm wrong.

I don't have a Samsung yet. So are you happy with yamakawa, is the price as cheap as 985?

Which display are you using with? Maybe I can go for the yamakawa if you're happy with it at all

Hi, I have the 935 connected to a Hitachi 500E, and there is some very slight "judder" on slow pans, but it really is not that bad, I had second thoughts before buying this machine but having seen the difference between component inputs and DVI, I am happy I made the right decision.

Best regards David

Thanks a lot for the info. I still couldn't decide yet. 935 is a nice machine for the price but yamakawa plays divxs but worries me can i find it here in UK, the warranty issues, the build quality.

If I can see a 935 working on 720p with judder maybe then I can decide. Which movie and schene have you been seing this judder btw?

Thanks a lot for the responses

The start of League of Gentlemen as the horse and carriage pan accross the screen, there is some perceptable judder.
Honestly though.......I was worried when I bought it about the judder issue, but for £140 I took a gamble just for the DVI, I am pleased to say that I think the gamble payed off, the judder is only visible if you know its there really, none of the family have mentioned anything yet.......

I am happy........

BTW in this months What HiFi sound and vision magazine there is a very good review of the 935, it gets 5 stars for DVI output.

Best regards David

Thanks David, I think I'll go with Samsung then I hope I won't have problems with panny 50pw6 as there is a problem with the dvi terminal board which is going to be fixed by a firmware update if it is not fixed already.

Thanks a lot

Mate of mine just had the samsung used dvi link to ptae 300 had some sort of black line across bottom of screen with what looks like remnants of a picture under that any ideas.Hope you understand.He did say the pic is stunning other than the line.

Had the same problem with my Z200, but a firmware upgrade fixed this.....Had to send it in to be done though :0(

Nice thing about the Yamakawa's is they are user u[gradeable re the firmware. For £140 this player is a bargain and gives a truly excellent picture.

Only downside with this one (as with all the cheaper DVI players I think) is that it has difficulty syncing over a 10m cable length. 2m cable works a treat but does not seem to have the 'driver power' to work consistently over the longer lengths.

Originally posted by sapper44
Mate of mine just had the samsung used dvi link to ptae 300 had some sort of black line across bottom of screen with what looks like remnants of a picture under that any ideas.Hope you understand.He did say the pic is stunning other than the line.

The AE300 doesn't accept 1280x720 via DVI only 1280x768, hence you get 48 pixels of junk at the bottom.

-- Jon

Sorry to highjack this thread... Any chance you chaps could tell me where you got your Samsung HD935's from? I'm having trouble finding a dealer online. Cheers

Nope. LCD pjs (and DLPs) do not suffer from screen burn :) Just like LCD monitors.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom