1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung 935 DVI

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cenkbut, Mar 9, 2004.

1. cenkbut

cenkbut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can Samsung 935 handle 720p/50hz?

I have heard that there was a judder problem with DVI connection of Samsung 935 as it can handle 720p/60hz only.

Does anyone use 935 with DVI connection. If you used, with which panel? Did you have such problems?

Thanks

2. nelius

nelius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can tell you that the Yamakawa 365 can handle 720p/50Hz with the latest firmware upgrade. Has DVI conenction also. Can be bought from here www.computeruniverse.net

EDIT: Sorry, but I assumed that you don't already own a Samsung model. Sorry if I'm wrong.

3. cenkbut

cenkbut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have a Samsung yet. So are you happy with yamakawa, is the price as cheap as 985?

Which display are you using with? Maybe I can go for the yamakawa if you're happy with it at all

4. Galaxy

Galaxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi, I have the 935 connected to a Hitachi 500E, and there is some very slight "judder" on slow pans, but it really is not that bad, I had second thoughts before buying this machine but having seen the difference between component inputs and DVI, I am happy I made the right decision.

Best regards David

5. cenkbut

cenkbut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot for the info. I still couldn't decide yet. 935 is a nice machine for the price but yamakawa plays divxs but worries me can i find it here in UK, the warranty issues, the build quality.

If I can see a 935 working on 720p with judder maybe then I can decide. Which movie and schene have you been seing this judder btw?

Thanks a lot for the responses

6. Galaxy

Galaxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The start of League of Gentlemen as the horse and carriage pan accross the screen, there is some perceptable judder.
    Honestly though.......I was worried when I bought it about the judder issue, but for £140 I took a gamble just for the DVI, I am pleased to say that I think the gamble payed off, the judder is only visible if you know its there really, none of the family have mentioned anything yet.......

I am happy........

BTW in this months What HiFi sound and vision magazine there is a very good review of the 935, it gets 5 stars for DVI output.

Best regards David

7. cenkbut

cenkbut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks David, I think I'll go with Samsung then I hope I won't have problems with panny 50pw6 as there is a problem with the dvi terminal board which is going to be fixed by a firmware update if it is not fixed already.

Thanks a lot

8. sapper44

sapper44

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Mate of mine just had the samsung used dvi link to ptae 300 had some sort of black line across bottom of screen with what looks like remnants of a picture under that any ideas.Hope you understand.He did say the pic is stunning other than the line.

9. Daftboy

Daftboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Had the same problem with my Z200, but a firmware upgrade fixed this.....Had to send it in to be done though :0(

10. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Nice thing about the Yamakawa's is they are user u[gradeable re the firmware. For £140 this player is a bargain and gives a truly excellent picture.

Only downside with this one (as with all the cheaper DVI players I think) is that it has difficulty syncing over a 10m cable length. 2m cable works a treat but does not seem to have the 'driver power' to work consistently over the longer lengths.

11. gothmog

gothmog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The AE300 doesn't accept 1280x720 via DVI only 1280x768, hence you get 48 pixels of junk at the bottom.

-- Jon

12. assassin

assassin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to highjack this thread... Any chance you chaps could tell me where you got your Samsung HD935's from? I'm having trouble finding a dealer online. Cheers

13. Rad

Rad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
  14. Galaxy

Galaxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Yes me too, ordered it Sunday and it arrived Tuesday........

Best regards David

15. assassin

assassin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info :)

16. sapper44

sapper44

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Thanks for the reply gothmog could those junk pixels cause a problem with the pj panels like screen burn i'm new to all this so this may seem a daft question.Thanks for the replies.

17. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Nope. LCD pjs (and DLPs) do not suffer from screen burn :) Just like LCD monitors.