Samsung 8K Q950R QLED Owners and Discussion Thread

Matson

Distinguished Member
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Just placed my preorder for the 75 inch model so time to start the owners and discussion thread for the new Q950R 8K models.

OC2000

Definitely keen on finding out whether it has E-Arc or not. I'll be ordering one once my divorce is finalised.

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Did you order from Samsung direct mate?
And did you say something about 30 days return?? Is that a no quibble thing or?

Matson

Distinguished Member
Yeah I ordered mine from Samsung direct. Yeah they have a one month no quibble return policy. Its not the 100 days but its probably good enough to see if you want to keep the set. If you don't know after 30 days you'll never know :rotfl:

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Yeah I ordered mine from Samsung direct. Yeah they have a one month no quibble return policy. Its not the 100 days but its probably good enough to see if you want to keep the set. If you don't know after 30 days you'll never know :rotfl:
Thanks
And who delivers for them mate? Third party?

Matson

Distinguished Member
They use Panther. Never had an issue with them. Always comes next day and they always take pictures of the box ect so they seem to be under strict observation.

jmacc

Distinguished Member
They use Panther. Never had an issue with them. Always comes next day and they always take pictures of the box ect so they seem to be under strict observation.
Nice. Never heard of them lol
I may just have to trial one for 30 days then.

Bacus

Distinguished Member
Nice. Never heard of them lol
I may just have to trial one for 30 days then.
Just order up a 75" one, you know you want to :thumbsup:
75" is the sweet, anything less is a portable :p

Matson

Distinguished Member
Agree :rotfl: Its why LED is really the only choice for me at the moment since with OLED you only really have the 77C9 incoming that sounds like barely any difference from last years panel. I couldn't go lower than 75. The biggest part of immersion is the screen size for me Plus with the new viewing angels there shouldn't be any dropoff in contrast and colour at the sides of the screen compared to last years models.

Prebo

A bit disappointed of the contrast measured by Rtings. The 75 should perform better due to the higher peak brightness, but my money may go into LG's pocket this year.

Matson

Distinguished Member
It goes against what all the earlier reviews said about the blacks being deeper than last years models. If those blacks are actually worse then that would be disappointing. Maybe it was lucky that Samsung actually don't have these in stock for another 1-2 weeks as iv decided to cancel my order and wait to see more reviews first I think. I may end up going with an LG 77 C8 myself instead.

Prebo

So maybe the 65 isn't as good as the 75+, and/or they got a really bad panel?

Good I have until black friday to decide :)

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Hope I won't be charged for every post in this big boys thread lol. :)

simonlewis

According to rtings only 1 of the HDMI inputs is 2.1
I hope it's ARC because i want one of these come black friday, unless samsung are going to bring out another one connect box.

simonlewis

Hm, they have listed ARC on port nr 3. Port nr 1 is 2.1
Thats bad news then, when 8K blu-ray players are released you'll be forever changing inputs unless you run the player via the tv.

MietiAv

Novice Member
Hi, i've seen the Rtings review and it's a little confusing to say the least. It says 4k 120hz is not supported while in the user manual it is. It does not compare the new model to the last directly, and says that color volume and blacklevels are "worse than last year qled models" ( a bit vague). I mean i think is worth waiting for others reviews. Matson what was the deal breaker for you to decide to cancel the order, if i may ask?

Baggy

It goes against what all the earlier reviews said about the blacks being deeper than last years models. If those blacks are actually worse then that would be disappointing. Maybe it was lucky that Samsung actually don't have these in stock for another 1-2 weeks as iv decided to cancel my order and wait to see more reviews first I think. I may end up going with an LG 77 C8 myself instead.
That’s a shame, I was looking forward to reading your impression of the new 950 model in comparison to your experience with the 900R.

OC2000

Im just surprised Samsung put Arc on the HDMI 2.0 instead of HDMI 2.1. Whats the bet in 2020 Samsung will be pushing E-arc to everyone once they finally work out how to implement it on new sets.
Looks like Samsung again is a miss this year.

Need to find something to replace this LG 77G7. The HDR / Dolby Vision is so underwhelming I can't notice the difference with it on or off. Really regret swapping out the ZD9 for it.

Last edited:

Shaine

I have the Q900R and my Q950R arrives Friday 12th,
i’ve had problems with my 900 and exchanged it twice, i’m currently on my 3rd 900R and all have similar issues, hoping these problems have been resolved with the 950R

SimonHavfc

Distinguished Member
I have the Q900R and my Q950R arrives Friday 12th,
i’ve had problems with my 900 and exchanged it twice, i’m currently on my 3rd 900R and all have similar issues, hoping these problems have been resolved with the 950R
Hope the 950 works out for you.

What size do you have and what issues?

The issues aside how are you enjoying the 8K tv?

Shaine

Hope the 950 works out for you.

What size do you have and what issues?

The issues aside how are you enjoying the 8K tv?
I have the 75” Q900R and 75” Q950R on order,
Issues aside it’s an amazing picture and does an impressive job at upscaling,
My biggest issue is the fan noise, it has x2 fans.. one on the connect box and one one the back of the TV itself, the issue is the tv fan is loud and will spin up randomly when tv is in standby

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.

Latest News

Tom's Thumbs: What is coming to Netflix in November 2020
  • By AVForums
  • Published
Melco anniversary edition N10 library announced
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Denon, Marantz and Yamaha AV receivers hit by HDMI 2.1 bug
  • By Andy Bassett