1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

samsung 850 vs Limit DVD9000

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by RexConnix, Jul 5, 2005.

1. RexConnix

RexConnix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could anyone give me some advice on these two players. I have read all the post regards each one. I would like to buy one of these and possibly going to go with the Limit but is the picture quality on the sammy 850 better than the Limit. Is this going to be a trade off for better sound through the limit. I have been holding out for the Sammy 950 but they keep putting the date back. I need to buy one quickly because i am leaving the country at the end of the month to go to NZ. So i need to act quickly on this. My needs are as follows:

1 Good picture, do not mind if through component or HDMI. The plasma that i have is the LG rx11 with DVI which is runing throught the HTPC at the mo.

2 Good sound, playing movies with great sound makes the movie. Also CD's as i have not got a standalone CD player.

3 Looks. Has to fit in nicely with the rest of the kit.

Thanks

2. BIONIC MAN

BIONIC MAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Is the Limit DvD9000 an old DvD player , I have the Limit DvD900se which is very good on both Pal/NTSC prog scan via component :smashin:

Would say the Sammy 850 would be you better bet ;) , mind you the newer Sammy 950 is out very soon

:D

3. RexConnix

RexConnix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it is the DVD9000se. I have the shippers coming in in three weeks!!!! I do not think the Sammy 950 will be availabe that soon (Pixmania due in 20th)

4. BIONIC MAN

BIONIC MAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    So The Limit DvD9000se is a new machine then , how much is ot going to cost also from where are you thinking of buying from

:hiya:

5. RexConnix

RexConnix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pixmania has the Sammy 850 for £81 delivered and the the Limit DVD9000se for £49 from Play

6. BIONIC MAN

BIONIC MAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Yeah The one Play.com have is the DvD900se which is the one I have and it cost me £140.00 when it first came out :smashin: , and is a very good player for £49.00 . The DvD9000se is an older machine and think you put one to many zero on the end :D

The DvD900se is getting on now , but if you don't want to upscale or don't have HDMI that the Sammy850 can do and
    If you only won't prog scan via component then I would say go for the Limit :smashin: and is worth the cash

hope this helps

:clap:

7. RexConnix

RexConnix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that Bionic man, Will look into the Limit from play. But I did want the Sammy 950 but I don't think I will be still here to buy it :(

8. BIONIC MAN

BIONIC MAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Word on this forum is the Sammy 950 should a very good DvD player indeed :smashin:
    I myself might get one the money , but can say the PQ via component on the Limit is very good

:smashin:

9. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    The Sammy should be better than the Limit for picture quality but the Limit will probably be better for sound. My guess is the Limit will be a bigger improvement for sound than the Samsung is an improvement for picture but then I'm only guessing and I'm biased being a Limit owner. In fairness though with a plasma its best to feed it a digital output to get the very best results from such a display. The Limit is only £50 though and will also give you an excellent audio cd player. I'm tempted to recommend buying a Limit now and then upgrading later when theres greater choice of dvd players with digital output.

10. RexConnix

RexConnix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help people. I might just buy the limit now and bite the bullit and wait until i am in NZ to buy the Sammy but the price over there is double what it is here :(. Or the other option is to buy both the limit and the Sammy hd850 and take both with me :clap: