1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung 850 and LG RZ42PY10X compatibility?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by sbateman, Oct 5, 2005.

1. sbateman

sbateman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought Philips 42PF7520D/10 two weeks ago for £1600 from Currys but complained as I was told that it had component connections. They threw in a Samsung 850 DVD with HDMI connection as a good will gesture however I am having incredible difficulty getting a picture using a Keene electronics HDMI-DVI cable ( I have tried 2 different ones). The Philips says that there is no signal input however every now again without warning a picture will come up.

I complained again to Currys on this matter and the fact that the universal wall mounting bracket they sold me ( albeit at half price) did not fit the Philips so they suggested I swap for the LG RZ42PY10X for an additional £200 pounds. In summary I now have a Samsung 850 DVD with HDMI output and a LG RZ42PY10X with DVI input arriving tomorrow which in total cost me £1800.

Having read a lot of threads last night I am now concerned that...

1) I have bought a pup even at £1800 with the LG as it is now old technology
    2) I will still get compatibility issues with the DVI/HDMI connections.

Can anybody explain why I am getting these display issues and how I can sort it on the LG?

Cheers