• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung 8000 range price drop

SCO7T

Looks like the prices of the samsung 8000 range have taken a nose dive
on all web sites, also they come with
free blu ray player
free 2 pairs of 3d glasses
free shrek 3d bluray boxset

price at john lewis was £2799 with 5 year warranty
now £2399
looks like the 40" and 46" has been reduced too
so nows the time to get one if you have been waiting for a price drop

Bobbyt

Yep bit of a drop there. Great price for those who are waiting IMO (if you can shift the blu ray player / shrek 3d blu rays on ebay if your not bothered about them).

The prices are comparable to what they were when Samsung were doing the cashback deals now.

I got my 46c8000 at £1530 before £200 cashback from John Lewis (total £1330), I know a few people got this same kind of price at the time. These new prices seem to rival those (again, if you take into account the value of the free blu ray player and shrek dvds).

SCO7T

Yep bit of a drop there. Great price for those who are waiting IMO (if you can shift the blu ray player / shrek 3d blu rays on ebay if your not bothered about them).

The prices are comparable to what they were when Samsung were doing the cashback deals now.

I got my 46c8000 at £1530 before £200 cashback from John Lewis (total £1330), I know a few people got this same kind of price at the time. These new prices seem to rival those (again, if you take into account the value of the free blu ray player and shrek dvds).

i got the the ue46c8000 from JL too
got them to price match robert whyte for £2175.00
so after cash back it was £1975
but had a problem with the sound, it had gone tinny (and blinking, but seems they all do that)
so had a new tv after a couple of weeks, asked about the new offer with the free blu-ray player and shrek 3d blu ray and 2 pairs of specs, they said they dont normally do it but as ive had a replacement the will honour it, and send the bluray player/shrek and 2 glasses through the post.
so good result really

DaiUK

Standard Member
i got the the ue46c8000 from JL too
got them to price match robert whyte for £2175.00
so after cash back it was £1975
but had a problem with the sound, it had gone tinny (and blinking, but seems they all do that)
so had a new tv after a couple of weeks, asked about the new offer with the free blu-ray player and shrek 3d blu ray and 2 pairs of specs, they said they dont normally do it but as ive had a replacement the will honour it, and send the bluray player/shrek and 2 glasses through the post.
so good result really

My 1st post here so be gentle with your replies ... if you make any that is.

I got mine from Curry's 66/11/10 so missed out on this offer and paid top price... My trouble is I cant wait , even if I had a Crystal ball to see what offers were coming up. I did manage to get a free pair of glasses off the Samsung Website, and when I phoned Samsung direct to query the fact in the hand book it states 1 free pair should be in the box, they sent me out a pair of USB ones. Not so bothered about the player as I purchased the 3D home theatre at the same time, but would like Shrek 3D, just so I have something to watch.

Last edited:
G

gd2

My 1st post here so be gentle with your replies ... if you make any that is.

I got mine from Curry's 66/11/10 so missed out on this offer and paid top price... My trouble is I cant wait , even if I had a Crystal ball to see what offers were coming up. I did manage to get a free pair of glasses off the Samsung Website, and when I phoned Samsung direct to query the fact in the hand book it states 1 free pair should be in the box, they sent me out a pair of USB ones. Not so bothered about the player as I purchased the 3D home theatre at the same time, but would like Shrek 3D, just so I have something to watch.

Where in the handbook does it say you get a free pair? Cheers

SteveAA

Standard Member
I bought my set (46C8000) from John Lewis at the end of November for £1850 with the free Bluray player & Shrek 3D disc set.

The day after I got the set delivered John Lewis dropped their price to £1530 for the same deal. I got in touch with the shop & they refunded the difference between the two.:clap:

Had a quick look at the JL website the other day & they have put the price back up to £1699. Looks like I got lucky with my timing after all!

I just can't understand how they are varying the price of this set so much over the period of a couple of weeks.:confused:

Cheers,

Steve

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom