Samsung 75ES9000 - finally got it!

FerMeister

Standard Member
Reaction score
As of last Saturday, I finally managed to get the 75inch Samsung.. And what a beauty it is ...

Have been fiddling with settings, plenty of those around, but have decided to get a proper calibration done in the very near future, in order to get the most out of it.

The picture quality is indeed superb ! In NL we have digital tv, which is not so amazing (!), but all HD programs (discovery, eurosport, BBC, etc) are very, very, VERY pleasing to thye eye. I had (still have) the Sony 70r2000, which I very much liked, but this is a diff ballgame alltogether.
(strangely enough, as the 70r2000 is a huge tv, the samsung actually looked a fair amount smaller, something I really didnt expect!)
The small bezel, rose gold, sorta put me off when reading about it, but is indeed beautiful to behold. And with 2,6 cm thickness, you could indeed hang it on a wall.

3d, the main reason I got this tv, is excellent and the new glasses are much lighter and therefore much more comfortable than the ones for the 46 inch 8000 series (bedroom delight). I daresay they actually look good on you (as opposed to the Roy Orbison variety of the prev ones) ! I played monster vs aliens on the (also purchased) Sammy Home cinema set with 3d player, ht-e6750w. I found 3d more visually out there than when I played it on the 46C8700 (I was really amazed at the beginning when the guy is playing ball on a rope, I almost shat myself, when all of a sudden the ball nearly hit me in the face ..

I tried playing also 3d content via PC, but found (good 3d though) the pic quality much less (strange artifacting), so have to fiddle with that. 3D via usb/HDD was very good as well, watched hubble and galapagos, just breathtaking! Tried avatar 3d via hdd, but the telly wouldnt take it.
(also enjoyed avatar the game, xbox360, very very happening, exactly what 3d should be like).

The screen itself is very reflective, so more closed curtains time is essential, when daylight viewing, but I have found that for normal tv watching it is no problem to watch in clear daylight (mine is opposite a 3 by 3 m window area). For movies with lots a dark, I reckon it is too much of a nuisance.

3 HDMI connections is on the low side, but have a HDMI switcher, so can manage.

Gaming with game mode off is just not possible. I play FPS games (onlinbe, very competitevely) and the lag is horrible, the worst I have seen in a tv thusfar. With game mode on, no problems, however, the pic quality is downgraded a bit, but not in a (much) noticible way, just when you compare to (normal) bluray viewing on the settings...

The smart tv options, internet, well, its there, but not really for me. I view my pc/internet on the tv anyhow, and it's much faster, so.... But its there, checked it a bit, it works.
Voice control works like a charm, untill your tv (or surroundings) are too loud and then it stops working. Handsignals I didnt really try, but dont really see myself waving at the tv too much (talking to the telly I did already anyway!).
One option I actually liked, is the possibility to link/pair a (any!!) bluetooth mouse and or keyboard to the tv. When you now actually do use smart tv, you can use a keyboard and mouse (or in my case, both in one, logitech).

anyhow, just a couple of first week observations for those interested.
I tried to attach some pics, but none of the attachment buttons would actually allow me to do so. Will try later on, or maybe via a website.

Fer

Sounds like a monster of a tv glad you seem to be enjoying it, this site is a bit hit and miss for uploading pics.

I have had some trouble recently uploading some myself where previously before it wasn't a problem. Try using image shack really very easy to upload pictures from that site onto here.

As of last Saturday, I finally managed to get the 75inch Samsung.. And what a beauty it is ...

Have been fiddling with settings, plenty of those around, but have decided to get a proper calibration done in the very near future, in order to get the most out of it.

The picture quality is indeed superb ! In NL we have digital tv, which is not so amazing (!), but all HD programs (discovery, eurosport, BBC, etc) are very, very, VERY pleasing to thye eye. I had (still have) the Sony 70r2000, which I very much liked, but this is a diff ballgame alltogether.
(strangely enough, as the 70r2000 is a huge tv, the samsung actually looked a fair amount smaller, something I really didnt expect!)
The small bezel, rose gold, sorta put me off when reading about it, but is indeed beautiful to behold. And with 2,6 cm thickness, you could indeed hang it on a wall.

3d, the main reason I got this tv, is excellent and the new glasses jare much lighter and therefore much more comfortable than the ones for the 46 inch 8000 series (bedroom delight). I daresay they actually look good on you (as opposed to the Roy Orbison variety of the prev ones) ! I played monster vs aliens on the (also purchased) Sammy Home cinema set with 3d player, ht-e6750w. I found 3d more visually out there than when I played it on the 46C8700 (I was really amazed at the beginning when the guy is playing ball on a rope, I almost shat myself, when all of a sudden the ball nearly hit me in the face ..

I tried playing also 3d content via PC, but found (good 3d though) the pic quality much less (strange artifacting), so have to fiddle with that. 3D via usb/HDD was very good as well, watched hubble and galapagos, just breathtaking! Tried avatar 3d via hdd, but the telly wouldnt take it.
(also enjoyed avatar the game, xbox360, very very happening, exactly what 3d should be like).

The screen itself is very reflective, so more closed curtains time is essential, when daylight viewing, but I have found that for normal tv watching it is no problem to watch in clear daylight (mine is opposite a 3 by 3 m window area). For movies with lots a dark, I reckon it is too much of a nuisance.

3 HDMI connections is on the low side, but have a HDMI switcher, so can manage.

Gaming with game mode off is just not possible. I play FPS games (onlinbe, very competitevely) and the lag is horrible, the worst I have seen in a tv thusfar. With game mode on, no problems, however, the pic quality is downgraded a bit, but not in a (much) noticible way, just when you compare to (normal) bluray viewing on the settings...

The smart tv options, internet, well, its there, but not really for me. I view my pc/internet on the tv anyhow, and it's much faster, so.... But its there, checked it a bit, it works.
Voice control works like a charm, untill your tv (or surroundings) are too loud and then it stops working. Handsignals I didnt really try, but dont really see myself waving at the tv too much (talking to the telly I did already anyway!).
One option I actually liked, is the possibility to link/pair a (any!!) bluetooth mouse and or keyboard to the tv. When you now actually do use smart tv, you can use a keyboard and mouse (or in my case, both in one, logitech).

anyhow, just a couple of first week observations for those interested.
I tried to attach some pics, but none of the attachment buttons would actually allow me to do so. Will try later on, or maybe via a website.

Fer

Thinking of getting one of these, wobuld you share what you paid for it?

on older samsungs, changing the "input" name to dvi or dvi-pc also helps with game lag.

worth a try.

works a treat on my c750

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom