1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung 745 Infra red problem

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by vicbarry, Mar 21, 2005.

1. vicbarry

vicbarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I havent heard of this before and am wondering has anyone else experienced it.
    I have the 745 in one room using a one 4 all IR transmitter / reciever. Transimitter sends signal to other room (about 10 feet away) and the other little reciever recieves it. I have used this for 6 months now, but when I added the 745 I thought it was finicky when it came to remotes. I changed the batteries and still it only responds 1 out of every 10 remote button presses. As soon as I plug out the one for all, Bingo....works fine.

Any idea, I was going to change to a Xantech or something that uses repeaters...would I have the same problem I wonder??

2. nmantz3

nmantz3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for replying after so many years, but I just entered the forum and I saw you have the same problem as me.
    We bought the 745’s along with a friend and we both experience the same strange behaviour. The remote control controls perfectly (after programming) my Sony FQ75 32 inch TV but has great difficulty with the DVD player. The receiver on the deck is probably very week. I asked Samsung Greece right after buying it and they told me that they never heard that.
    Another weird thing that is getting worse is the immediate closing of the cd tray. This happens automatically for 3 times and then stays open. I didn’t succeed to perform a firmware update that I found few months ago. A third friend who tried also damaged the player. On the other hand the image is good and I succeeded to connect it to my EPSON EMP700 projector via an inexpensive HDMI to DVI 15 meters cable (equip 20 euros) plus a DVI extension of 5 meters. All the magazines I read were claiming that cheap cables don’t work and of course no longer than 15 meters but I had not any signal interruption at all. The upscaling in 1080i is also excellent. Cheers!