Samsung 709

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jamiep, Jul 2, 2001.

1. jamiep

jamiep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anybody help me.
    I own a Samsung 709 DVD player which has been chipped to play R1 films, everything was working well for about 18 months until a few weeks ago, the player started freezing, and skipping scenes. Couild anybody tell me what's causing this, and is it worth fixing or buying a new one. I have run a DVD cleaning disk thorugh, but this hasn;t helped.

Many Thanks
    Jamie Palmer

2. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    The 709 has known problems when it gets too hot, have you recently moved it? Is it above your amp? Mine has been a lot better since it was repositioned away from the amp in the rack so that it has room to breathe. ;)

3. jamiep

jamiep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for the reply, This seems to make sense as the films start to freeze over half way though. I have located the device in a cabinet under a SKY decoder, and there isn't much movement of air. I shall reloacte the device to see if that makes any difference.

4. asimm

asimm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Have just bought this second hand (70) mainly for DTS (the 807 didn't have this). Now want more DTS discs but anm worried about RCE on R1. Can this player handle it?

5. jamiep

jamiep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Depeding on the model some machine can be hacked via the remote others need to be chipped. I have a 709 and had it chipped at Richer Sounds (they have branchs all over the country), and it can play the R1 RGE films.

6. ian_guinan

ian_guinan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    You may already know it, but this website is a great source of info for your player.
    www.709online.com

Ian Guinan

7. asimm

asimm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Guinan

Many thanks, from the site it looks like you can set the player to think it is a R1, R2 or R0 player. I think this means that RCE will play, will test with an RCE disc.

8. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Mine and mates ones are chipped using either the one for all or the waghorne hack and all play RCE :)