Samsung 709 and Toy Story

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Martin Clarkson, Apr 26, 2002.

1. Martin Clarkson

Martin Clarkson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HEELLPPPP !!!!!

I have had my samsung 709 DVD player for some time and have it hacked using its own remote control to play all regions.

I own a copy of the Toy Story 1 and 2 box set on Region 1.

Just recently, my DVD player has decided to wait a very long time and then spit out Toy Story 1, it worked perfectly fine before.

Please help me, I don't know what I'll do without Woody and Buzz (apart from watch the second film).

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Clean the disk ? Clean the laser lens ? (search regarding the latter, don't ask me)

Mike.

3. Geoffc10

Geoffc10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try WWW.709ONLINE.COM

Look in the DVD database section.

Then you wished you never got a 709.

I owned one and it didnt last long. Ended up being fixed more times than i watched films on it.

Most work ok from the start then go wrong, and no amoount of fixing cures the problems. I paid £250 for it and had £350 worth of parts. In the end I took it back to Currys , exchanged it for the SOny 735. No problems ever, and when it does go wrong, i'm gonna be stuck to find another brilliant player!

4. andypandy

andypandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Like most things - It's the luck of the draw.

I bought the 709 two years ago, but upgraded the player recently with the Pioneer 444. 2 others from work also then bought the 709 at the time and they still have their players.

The 709 was/is quite simply one of the best. Trouble free viewing, very very few, comparably, dvd's were known to be problem dvd's. upgading the latest firmware cured most of them.

And that too was free from Samsung.

5. Geoffc10

Geoffc10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    AndyPandy,

Have you ever looked at WWW.709ONLINE.COM??

The datbase is full of discs that dont work with the latest firmware!

But that doesnt solve Martins problem saying its one of the best players(????).

Luck of the draw?

I think not.

6. nictry

nictry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    I have had my 709 for over 2 years now and can't complain at all, th elayer change is a bit iffy on some discs and one problem disc Deep Blue Sea switchs subtitles on for some bizarre reason, but, I think it is a cracking machine considering it was one of the early DVD players and instantally hackable to R1. In fact although I am now looking to upgrade to a DVD-A etc. player I seem to come across all sorts of horror stories on these so called high end players, in fact there seems to be more 'bugs' on the new players than there ever was on the 709 as soon as they released V2.24 formware which cured all the Matrix problems.

As in all cases it is luck of the draw and I am sure there are plenty of great unproblematic new players out there it is just we all only seem to heare about the one's that don't work!!!!