Samsung 7020 Reviews anywhere?

Interesting thread.

The Samsung B7000 has just been tested on a Danish website -

Shortly the review will probably also be available here: FlatpanelsHD.com

Thanks!

You can view the danish review by pasting the url into google translate

You can view the danish review by pasting the url into google translate

I tired this with both google and yahoo, neither would translate the page :thumbsdow

Has anyone got the translation working?

Has anybody experienced this trailing? It's strange that no users or the What hi-fi reviews (for what they're worth) mentioned it.

They said they will try upgrading the firmware tomorrow to see if this has any impact on the trailing issue. I think that's why the English review on www.flatpanelshd.com has been delayed.

I tired this with both google and yahoo, neither would translate the page :thumbsdow

Has anyone got the translation working?

I got it working, heres the link

Has anybody experienced this trailing? It's strange that no users or the What hi-fi reviews (for what they're worth) mentioned it.

Mine is on its way for a AM delivery, I'll let you know the minute I get it setup. If anyone has any other questions I'll be happy to answer them, I've got the rest of the week off to play around ;)

Grantosuk, Are you getting the 46in? The Danish review mentions that the trailing problem may only be specific to the 46B7000. Has anyone else seen the 46in version?

Last edited:
Grantosuk, Are you getting the 46in? The Danish review mentions that the trailing problem may only be specific to the 46B7000. Has anyone else seen the 46in version?

Its the 46 I got.

I've just got it, plugged it in, and used the settings from the Danish review. I've just watched a bit of Oceans Thirteen, I need to play with the shadow detail a little on first impressions. Watched a bit of Wild China of BBC HD and the colours were superb and extremely vibrant, the blacks are very deep and you almost get a 3D effect of the picture.

I'm gonna try the xbox and playstation now see what I find with them.

EDIT: Noticed no trailings personally. Playing Mirrors Edge time trials, no game mode and no lag as far as I can see. Game mode looks VERY over saturated and theres no difference in lag I can see at all

Last edited:
Thanks Grantos. Keep us posted. Trailing would be a potential deal-breaker for many of us.

OK, I've treid Mirrors Edge, Outrun (very fast moving game) on the 360, and MGS4, Drakes Misfortune and LBP on the PS3, definetly no input lag without game mode on, like I said above, the TV oversaturates the colours Game Mode. Definetly no trailing either as far as I can see it still. I'm just about to try Rockband to get an accurate lag time.

I think if anything the speed of rockband and outrun would have given some trailing and I've seen nothing??? I'll update this post once I've dug the old drums out and tried rockband

The danish settings look about right to me. SD TV looks good from a wide range of sources and HD is in a class of its own really.

I've moved from Samsung 40M87 and the difference in colour and depth of blacks is amazing. Text looks really sharp, its like playing a completely different game, everything looks 300% better.

I'd better wait for the wife coming in from work before I try any Bluray movies :D

EDIT: 35ms lag on rock band, no game mode. Still no trailing

Last edited:
grantosuk: Have you tried with the software they used for the trailing test in the FlatpanelsHD review? It's available for free here: www.flatpanelshd.com - Your guide to flat panel monitors and TVs - Articles

I'll have to stick the laptop into the TV to test that won't I? Gimme 5 mins to find the VGA lead and I'll give that a go.

EDIT: I'm posting on the laptop using the TV as the screen, everything is razor sharp, looks cool. I'm gonna do them test now and report back :D

Last edited:
Yes there is a degree of trailing when I did these tests using that program but I did'nt think it looked as bad as that video above TBH. It seemed worse with the black and white test, red blue green etc was'nt to bad. I obviously could'nt enable motion plus being in PC mode.

I will say I've noticed nothing in the other more normal test enviorments, Sky HD, PS3 and Xbox. I'm not up on these things really but is'nt that test enviroment a little harsh on the screen anyway and be a little hard to replicate in normal circumstances?

Last edited:
I will say I've noticed nothing in the other more normal test enviorments, Sky HD, PS3 and Xbox. I'm not up on these things really but is'nt that test enviroment a little harsh on the screen anyway and be a little hard to replicate in normal circumstances?

I don't know if the trailer is still up but on the PS3 shop there's an "88 minutes" (I think it's this one) trailer. It has a lot of dark scenes where trailing on dark colours should be visible.

I don't know if the trailer is still up but on the PS3 shop there's an "88 minutes" (I think it's this one) trailer. It has a lot of dark scenes where trailing on dark colours should be visible.

Cool, i'll download that now and let you all know. Just caught the last 20 mins of Die Hard 4 on Action HD, stunning it was, can't wait to watch the Dark Knight tonight :D

Grantos, from what you're saying, does it appear that the trailing issue is only noticeable with the test with the PC without any of the 100hz / motion plus features enabled?

I wonder if you used test on any other sets what the results would be like. I haven't looked at all of the reviews on the Danish site, but it almost looks as if this is the first time they have used this particular test (I've only looked at about three other reviews, however- so I could be completely wrong in this.)

Grantos, from what you're saying, does it appear that the trailing issue is only noticeable with the test with the PC without any of the 100hz / motion plus features enabled?

I wonder if you used test on any other sets what the results would be like. I haven't looked at all of the reviews on the Danish site, but it almost looks as if this is the first time they have used this particular test (I've only looked at about three other reviews, however- so I could be completely wrong in this.)

Yes thats correct, you can't enable motion plus with the PC input, but it would obviously cut it down. Theres no evidence of any trails through any other source, motion plus on or not. I don't know whether you can enable it on a PC HDMI connection or not, unfortunatly I can't test this.

It might be worth while checking the other reviews to see if they have used this test on other sets.

If you need anything else looking at, and its within my means I'm more than happy to play around :D

Thanks Grantos. What would you say the motion was like in general, any perceived blurring etc?

Last edited:
Grantos, great info on here, thanks.

I got this set a few weeks ago and its spot on. Xbox 360 playing great on CoD5 with no noticeable lag. Thats on HDMI. Going to try with component tonight as thats the only way I can get 5.1 sound with my cables through the wall etc.

Anyway, all images looks spot on to me with one exception. ITV looks fairly naff. There's a weird thing going on where the background seems to judder every so often. I never noticed this before on my 32" samsung but wonder if its just the fact that this screen is 46". HD screens are awesome by the way, and SD in general seems excellent too.

Also, I'm running SKY HD through this and wondered if 100mhz, edges, hdmi blacks etc actually do anything with Sky as a source? Just nothing seems to change regardless of what I do with these settings? I dont have an aerial into my TV so cant test what these do with that but I'm guessing it all depends on the source. Any ideas?

Finally - calibration settings would be useful. I've just copied those Danish ones but read elsewhere that Gamma should be at +1 and that seems to look better. All trial and error I guess....

John

John, don't worry about ITV, it's frequently low bitrate and would look naff on any set. Compare it with a high bitrate channel such as BBC4, its like the difference between night and day. Moreover, if you're watching any of the ITV channels via satellite, they are broadcast at a lower resolution than the likes of the BBC etc. (It's something like 544 x 576, as opposed to 720 x 576.)

Last edited:
Thanks, I hoped that was the case :)

Must say though, ITV HD using the new SKY HD EPG is spot on!!!!! Just need ITV to start adding more programmes now...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom