• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung 7000 Series 55' 3D LED HDTV & PS4 Question

JGomes1987

Novice Member
I am really trying to get the best settings possible. I read all over the place different things. I also heard about renaming HDMI/DVI 1 to PC for the least amount of input lag, but when I go to settings with that the sharpness is at 50 and greyed out which sucks because I want the images how the developers made them to be not Doctored up with sharpness. why does it not let you change the sharpness in pc mode? game mode does allow it.

My settings I am using right now are these.

HDMI 1/DVI: -----

Mode: Standard

Backlight: 19

Contrast: 100

Brightness: 47

Sharpness 0

Color: 50

tint G/R G50/R50

Advanced Settings:

Black Tone: Off

Dynamic Contrast: Off

Shadow Detail: 0

Gamma: 0

Expert Pattern: Off

RBG Only Mode: Off

Color Space: Native

White Balance: leave it default

Flesh Tone: 0

Edge Enhancement: Off

LED Motion Plus: Off

Picture Options:

Color Tone: Warm 2

Size: Screen Fit

Digital Filter: Off

MPEG Filter: Off

HDMI Black lvl: Normal

Auto Motion Plus: Off

On my PS4 I set video to Resolution Automatic, Size 55, RBG Full and YPB to Full. I set my HDMI black to normal on my tv, because with RBG Full I get crushing blacks with the HDMI black level set to low.

I want the best picture and least amount of input lag while running my PS4. I appreciate all the help I can get to achieve it. Personally I can't tell what input lag is so the settings above I did under HDMI 1 being the ---- settings without renaming and adjusted everything on my own. I have Game Mode off, because I don't want degraded picture quality. any help would be awesome. Thanks you!

outoftheknow

I am really trying to get the best settings possible. I read all over the place different things. I also heard about renaming HDMI/DVI 1 to PC for the least amount of input lag, but when I go to settings with that the sharpness is at 50 and greyed out which sucks because I want the images how the developers made them to be not Doctored up with sharpness. why does it not let you change the sharpness in pc mode? game mode does allow it.

My settings I am using right now are these.

HDMI 1/DVI: -----

Mode: Standard

Backlight: 19

Contrast: 100

Brightness: 47

Sharpness 0

Color: 50

tint G/R G50/R50

Advanced Settings:

Black Tone: Off

Dynamic Contrast: Off

Shadow Detail: 0

Gamma: 0

Expert Pattern: Off

RBG Only Mode: Off

Color Space: Native

White Balance: leave it default

Flesh Tone: 0

Edge Enhancement: Off

LED Motion Plus: Off

Picture Options:

Color Tone: Warm 2

Size: Screen Fit

Digital Filter: Off

MPEG Filter: Off

HDMI Black lvl: Normal

Auto Motion Plus: Off

On my PS4 I set video to Resolution Automatic, Size 55, RBG Full and YPB to Full. I set my HDMI black to normal on my tv, because with RBG Full I get crushing blacks with the HDMI black level set to low.

I want the best picture and least amount of input lag while running my PS4. I appreciate all the help I can get to achieve it. Personally I can't tell what input lag is so the settings above I did under HDMI 1 being the ---- settings without renaming and adjusted everything on my own. I have Game Mode off, because I don't want degraded picture quality. any help would be awesome. Thanks you!
Wrong thread by technology.. Try the LCD LED threads and the Samsung 7000 owners thread in particular. Choose the right year for the model as well :)

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom