• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung 65H6400 Clouding

afocused

Novice Member
Sam.jpg
Just purchased the Samsung 65H6400 model in which this particular model is my second replacement. The first one had flashlighting in both corners of the tv and now the second one has a white cloud expanding from the center of the tv. I've tried different picture settings and paying $2,000 for a tv that have problems like this upsets me. I love the tv but I cannot overlook the clouding. Does anyone have this particular model or any opinions? I had the Samsung 65 led previous model and had the same issues. The retailer who I made purchases from acts as though they never seen or heard of this issue.

I apologize for the picture. I couldnt get it to rotate.

Tinderbox (UK)

Established Member
Hi.

I have read about some people that say pressing on the area of the screen with the clouding can make it go away, i dont know if this works, but do a search and see if you can find any information to back up my claim before doing anything.

John.

megadeth uk

Prominent Member
View attachment 481757 Just purchased the Samsung 65H6400 model in which this particular model is my second replacement. The first one had flashlighting in both corners of the tv and now the second one has a white cloud expanding from the center of the tv. I've tried different picture settings and paying $2,000 for a tv that have problems like this upsets me. I love the tv but I cannot overlook the clouding. Does anyone have this particular model or any opinions? I had the Samsung 65 led previous model and had the same issues. The retailer who I made purchases from acts as though they never seen or heard of this issue.

I apologize for the picture. I couldnt get it to rotate.
That is some of the worst clouding I've seen, I don't think any amount of backlight lowering bias lighting and screen massaging will sort that out my friend, that either needs replacing or you need to look at a different model.

afocused

Novice Member
That is some of the worst clouding I've seen, I don't think any amount of backlight lowering bias lighting and screen massaging will sort that out my friend, that either needs replacing or you need to look at a different model.

I agree. I'm waiting for UPS to pick it up, smh. I called Samsung and was told that this could of happened during shipping which I dont believe. Is there a different model you recommend? I prefer a 65'.

megadeth uk

Prominent Member
I agree. I'm waiting for UPS to pick it up, smh. I called Samsung and was told that this could of happened during shipping which I dont believe. Is there a different model you recommend? I prefer a 65'.
It's difficult to say my friend, I imagine your in the states if you paid in dollars ? You could try the avs forums ? Do you know that ? As for what samsung said that is a possibility but surely the box would of shown some damage on the screen side ? Here is a link to the flat panel forums on avs
LCD Flat Panel Displays I Know the model you bought but have only seen it in a 40 and 48 up to now.

Ossie77

Established Member
I thought the H6400 is supposed to have very good uniformity because it's backlit and not edge lit? It looks to be really bad from your picture. Perhaps you could try and exchange it for a Panasonic plasma or failing that a Samsung 60"/64" F8500 plasma?

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom