Samsung 65 q90t

owl157

Novice Member
Hello, i am new to the forum. I just got a Samsung q90t 65 inch tv. I like the tv but watching basketball and baseball games are not clear and also get some judder. I can watch a game but for the price I paid for this tv it is not optimal. Sometimes it looks like im watching internet tv.

i did the settings recommended by rtings and have tried different picture modes. Is there anything else i could do? All of the eco features are off.

i am in still in my return period but there may be a restocking fee. I was also looking at the sony x950h or the new x90j.

thanks

pastrybloke19

Hello, i am new to the forum. I just got a Samsung q90t 65 inch tv. I like the tv but watching basketball and baseball games are not clear and also get some judder. I can watch a game but for the price I paid for this tv it is not optimal. Sometimes it looks like im watching internet tv.

i did the settings recommended by rtings and have tried different picture modes. Is there anything else i could do? All of the eco features are off.

i am in still in my return period but there may be a restocking fee. I was also looking at the sony x950h or the new x90j.

thanks
You will probably get more/better advice posting in the Samsung owners thread for the Q90T.

Dodgexander

For motion: Samsung 2020 QLED Series TV Motion/Judder/Stutter/Frame Rate (Firmware Bug/Glitch)

As for the picture being clear, it may just be a case of the basketball feed being poor quality. Most US sport is broadcast 720p 60fps which doesn't look great upscaled all the way to 2160p. Older HD TVs will do a better job than this. Samsung upscaling is best in class, so if you are looking for more clarity to the picture you should try and see if its possible to watch your team in 4k.

If you're looking to return the TV the X950H from Sony is the closest rival to the Q90T with HDR performance. The new X90J will be overpriced as its just been released (upon release, TVs cost as much as 50% more) and a tier down in picture quality with lower peak brightness making it less suitable for HDR material, the X90J is the replacement for the X900H and the X95J the replacement for the X950H.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom