1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung 63` Plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by artdeco55, Jun 1, 2005.

1. artdeco55

artdeco55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease:
    Hi I'm looking at buying this model second hand. Apparantly the screen has a pink tinge. The model is PS-63P3H. I cant find much specific information on it but from what i gather from reading these forums, most plasmas have some sort of service screen that might be able to solve this issue.

It's an auction so i only have limited time to decide so any sugestions would be well appreciated. :thumbsup:

2. Dan L

Dan L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    63 foot? Wow what a whopper.

:rotfl:

3. artdeco55

artdeco55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah if i can get the picture sorted, i plan to put it at the end of my dead end street so everyone can enjoy it :D

4. Dan L

Dan L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    hahahhaaaaa

5. absthechatter

absthechatter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I would be worried about the pink tinge unless it was practically being given away. Saying that I seem to remember one of my panels being pink in colour when I was connected through either DVI or VGA. I can't remember what I did now to fix it, but it was something simple, possibly something to do with the frequencies?? If you do get it, it's worth posting all the details including connections and the exact problem before you shell out lots of money on repairs.

Abs

6. artdeco55

artdeco55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it's going for about 1500 US$ and I have very little detail on the condition. I'm going to see it tomorrow. anything that might give ma a clue as to it's fix-ability, i should look out for. I can probably turn it on.

7. artdeco55

artdeco55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this is list of the inputs: Dnie, Rca Inputs, Rca Outputs, S-Video Inputs, 2x Component, Dvi, Vga

8. absthechatter

absthechatter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just managed to reproduce the pink colour by playing with the frequencies between 50 and 60. As you stated price in dollars, I am assuming it is being fed an NTSC signal as opposed to PAL over here in England. I only get this on VGA and DVI so possibly a computer type issue? I also have a DVDO scaler in between, don't know if this makes any difference. I suppose the problem is, if you play around and fix the problem in front of the seller, the selling price may go up!!

I have had old CRT TV's where they have gone a strange green or pink colour when the tube is on its way out, but as plasmas don't work the same way, perhaps it is something simple.

It is still a lot to pay for one that is not relly watchable. I would imagine the cost of a professional fix would take the cost up to the price of a new screen if it is anything serious. With the size of the screen, it can't be that old, perhaps the manufacturer would do something about it cheaply.

Abs

9. artdeco55

artdeco55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in NZ so the system would be PAL. I think it's already been to the manufacturer as it's available as an auction from them. I'm gonna have a look today, if i can fix it there the price won't change so nothing to loose. Cheers for your advice, I will keep you posted

10. artdeco55

artdeco55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i got there and they had fixed the thing.... the price will now be 2000 pounds :(

11. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    If it's a kosher manufacturer repair, bought officially through the manufacturer, why the unhappy face at a 63" monster for only 2 grand!?!?!?!?!

Hmmm... how much to ship a 63" screen to the UK...

12. Dan L

Dan L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    Funny that...2 grand for a screen that size seems like a bargain to me!

13. Welwynnick

Welwynnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +825
    If it's a strong pink tinge it may be something really stupid like the wrong settings - PAL instead of NTSC, or RGB instead of component. But you'd need to know that beforehand, otherwise it's a waste of money like EVERY other cheap secondhand plasma. Tread carefully.