Samsung 55KU6400 no subtitle menu

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Min3rvA, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Min3rvA

Min3rvA
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, i am in need of some help. My Samsung 55KU6400 doesn't have the subtitle menu available, i can se the subtitle menu under system/accessibility but can't access it. My nas is transmitting mkv + srt file and my ps4 gets it with no problem but the tv does not have the subtitles menu available. My location is Portugal could it be possible that it not available with this definition? I have looked the hidden samsung menu see if there is any subtitle option but with no luck.. Have already made factory reset but the problem persists.. I prefer to use the tv instead the ps4. Have tried plex, twonky and the qnap dlna app with no luck. Please help..

Attached Files:

2. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,096
    Yeah that is a bit odd, do QNAP NAS have Serviio available for them, that is the best pure DLNA server and does have Samsung profiles for compatibility purposes.

If it still doesn't work after that check the Samsung TV app store and see if Plex is available, if it is install Plex on the QNAP and use that instead of DLNA, usually the Plex client has better control over subtitles.

You can use Plex in basic file/folder manner if you dislike the media library system, just add folders as various content in server instead of Movies/TV then switch to folder view in Plex client.

3. Min3rvA

Min3rvA
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Hello, thanks for the reply! I have called the Samsung Portuguese support and they said this TV only supports subtitles trough USB. If i didnt know better i would resignate and quit but i did know the tv supported subs trough DLNA network so i have asked for help here and thanks to you i realised that upgrading my twonky server to version 8.5 the TV profile would be supported and voila it works!! I have send a email to Samsung support with a complaint about the wrong info given by them. I have realised for sometime now that most times support dont have qualified people working...