Samsung 55" TU8000 or Hisense 65" 65AE7000FTUK

cmos84

Novice Member
Reaction score
After doing lots of research for a budget 4k TV, I am left with these two final contenders - The 65" Hisense 65AE7000FTUK and the 55" Samsung TU8000. Both for £549.

Which is the better set for the money?

Any help in choosing would be greatly appreciated :)

Both TV's are within the same range of models mentioned in my guide here:

With small differences between each rendition. For example, the TU8000 is practically the same TV as the TU7000 with picture quality, with only a few small feature/connectivity differences.

It was in stock this afternoon, I just needed to get sign off from the better half.. I'll check again every so often incase they find some more tucked away.

I bought the 65u8q a few weeks back, maybe I'm easily impressed but to me the PQ is great

Try in store?

Sadly none in store in Birmingham, called them. Despite getting excited a few times throughout the day when Out of Stock disappeared I couldn't order one.

Ended up ordering a Sony 55XH9505 from Appliances Direct for £900 instead.

Oops I didn't realise there had been replies! Thanks for the info. I have have a good look at them.
There is a new contender: This TCL with inbuilt roku TCL 55RP620K from Currys. £399 for a 55 inch or £500 for a 65. Is this a good option? Been comparing it with The Samsung TU7020 which is £629 with a 5 year guarantee from John Lewis - is it worth stretching to that or am I better off with a Hisense or TCL? There there is still The Samsung TU8000 for £549. So confusing!!

Both TV's are within the same range of models mentioned in my guide here:

With small differences between each rendition. For example, the TU8000 is practically the same TV as the TU7000 with picture quality, with only a few small feature/connectivity differences.
What in your opinion would be the best buy out of the Hisense 55U7Q 58A7100FTUK TCL 55RP620K or the Samsung TU7020 65"?

What in your opinion would be the best buy out of the Hisense 55U7Q 58A7100FTUK TCL 55RP620K or the Samsung TU7020 65"?

Usually its much better to go with the biggest TV you can afford. So the Samsung TU series that's recommended in the guide.

If however you intend to use HDR on the TV, then maybe the Hisense U7Q is better but even then you'd get some issues with HDR compared to with the U8Q.

Usually its much better to go with the biggest TV you can afford. So the Samsung TU series that's recommended in the guide.

If however you intend to use HDR on the TV, then maybe the Hisense U7Q is better but even then you'd get some issues with HDR compared to with the U8Q.

Thanks. I think I will go for the Samsung.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom