Samsung 50mu6120 owners Thread

Would you recommend it? Does it have any banding issues? Thanks.
No banding at all....great relief from my hisense..

Also TV ticks all the 4K checks on xbox one S if that helps...

Ok folks so the smart voice remote works on this one...i will see if i can get it to validate ! Someone has claimed this on HUKD...

So this TV is same as 6100 with BT and smart voice disabled by software !!

Is this tv any good,Samsung are just about the only make that I haven't tried over the past few months.On my third Hisense from Richer Sounds at the moment and the DSE is doing my head in so thinking of exchanging for this model.Is it good for gaming?In built apps HDR10 etc,basically any info appreciated.
I use it on xbox one S and its great so far..

Anyone facing issue of picture settings getting reset at times ?? Really annoying to go again and do them !!

Guys, with this model does the sound from built-in Netflix go to the Amp if I’m connected via UHD from my Pioneer LX57

Thanks

I have the 40 inch version of this coming tomorrow, I'm worried that HDR has been locked to one HDMI only as I heard Samsung do this to lower end TVs, can anyone confirm if all ports have HDR please? Otherwise I won't be able to use HDR on my PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.

Thanks

I have the 40 inch version of this coming tomorrow, I'm worried that HDR has been locked to one HDMI only as I heard Samsung do this to lower end TVs, can anyone confirm if all ports have HDR please? Otherwise I won't be able to use HDR on my PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.

Thanks
All ports support HDR....

We've had 2 50" sets delivered and both have what I think is an issue with the base. The "clip" shown on the set up guide is not there and the TV sits at a slight angle - definitely not straight as the base unit is not flush. Anyone else have this issue? Delivery guys said it was wrong as well. When I did try it out the screen had pixelation and an audio drop out just before, every time we changed the channel.

rM24SiX.jpg

Yes my stand took a few knocks to get into place properly, it did look like the above but I think you need to push that in further (might need a good hard tap with the back of a shoe or similar) but then it should sit flush.

Wondered if anyone could help, I followed the instructions to enable bluetooth in the engineers menu and I now get the option of bluetooth when searching in audio settings. However, my sound bar (also Samsung) is never discoverable and tv doesn’t pick it up. Have I maybe missed some setting in the engineers menu or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Check ur sound bar settings....have you enable both sound output and also network settings in engineer menu...

I know, sadly, that some MU6120 models don't appear to have Bluetooth hardware that can be enabled but my 50" model does. I have paired my 2017 Smart Remote and it works 100%, even with voice commands. I have also paired and used my Sennheiser MM500X Bluetooth headphones. However, I can't get a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse to pair up - it doesn't show up on the keyboard input settings or anywhere else - does anyone else have any suggestions?

I know, sadly, that some MU6120 models don't appear to have Bluetooth hardware that can be enabled but my 50" model does. I have paired my 2017 Smart Remote and it works 100%, even with voice commands. I have also paired and used my Sennheiser MM500X Bluetooth headphones. However, I can't get a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse to pair up - it doesn't show up on the keyboard input settings or anywhere else - does anyone else have any suggestions?
Where dis u get smart remote from ?

There are lots of 2017 Samsung Smart Remotes on eBay. Mine was a used one and cost £17. The 2016 one is not the same.

Hi guys,

thinking of taking the plunge with this tv, was torn between the mu7000 and this one but thought the 6120 was better value for money unless others thin different? Also is there anuy chance the price would come down in the near future? Lastly are people happy with the tv display or SD sources and normal television?

thanks

Saf

Anyone come up with any suggested settings yet? I've had mine just over a week and am very satisfied with the general PQ. However, there does seem to be a motion/juddering issue, particularly when watching football. I have virtually eliminated it by switching off "digital clean view", "auto motion plus" (quite ironic that using this seems to cause motion issues!) and "HDMI UHD colour.

I tried this and marginal improvement with backlight at 12..picture has been stunning even in standard mode...

Eco mode is always off for me.

Is the 'Standard' mode, better than the 'Film' mode?

...and do you guys have HDR turned on for all your HDMI inputs even when the sources don't support HDR?!

Anyone facing issue of picture settings getting reset at times ?? Really annoying to go again and do them !!

...this happens when the set is in 'Retail' mode (when its on display in retail shops, the settings reset back to default after a set period). You have to select 'Home' mode to stop this from happening (an old post I know so you've probably figured this out!).

Last edited:
The settings also get changed whenever you watch HDR content. With mine if I watch a UHD HDR BluRay the backlight resets itself to 18 and the contrast up to 98, I think the sharpness goes up too. As far as I can tell when I go back to watching non HDR content the settings revert back to the ones I have input.

...and just one other question - my Samsung 50"MU6120 came with the Smart remote, which is great as it controls my Xbox One and Virgin Media V6 box.

However, the one function which I can't tell if the Smart remote does, is actually turn my Virgin Media V6 box, on and off?! Once I manually turn it on via the dedicated V6 remote, can then use the Smart remote to navigate the menus and stuff but can't figure out if the remote can actually turn the V6 on and off (pressing the power button, only shuts down the tv obviously!)?

...and just one other question - my Samsung 50"MU6120 came with the Smart remote, which is great as it controls my Xbox One and Virgin Media V6 box.

However, the one function which I can't tell if the Smart remote does, is actually turn my Virgin Media V6 box, on and off?! Once I manually turn it on via the dedicated V6 remote, can then use the Smart remote to navigate the menus and stuff but can't figure out if the remote can actually turn the V6 on and off (pressing the power button, only shuts down the tv obviously!)?

...ok, did some testing on this last night and it seems that if I merely just turn the TV on first (first making sure the V6 is OFF), it will also turn the V6 ON - which is pretty cool considering they are only connected via HDMI cable (not even sure how that works?! ).

Strangely though, turning the TV OFF, does not turn turn the V6 OFF....

Last edited:
Anyone know if its possible to change picture settings on this TV when actually viewing content from an app?

I know you can obviously muck about with the settings however, when you go to save the settings, you have to select either the "Save for Current Source" or "Save for All Sources"?! You can't (that I can see) save settings for apps?

Anyone know?!

Where dis u get smart remote from ?

I’ve just had my MU6120 replaced with another unit (first one was faulty) but now the Smart Remote from the first unit will NOT pair up with the replacement unit even though it’s exactly the same TV, model and everything? ☹️

Just to update the above - had it replaced with a third unit (both the first two were faulty) and everything now working ok.
:)

Also, just wanted to say, not sure why all the calibrations I have seen for the Samsung TVs all state to use 'Movie Mode'? I find this mode gives a slight haze over the screen (as if the picture is not clear, or crisp and the edges are not defined) and gives a slight 'blurry' image.

After much tinkering on my TV and reading through LOADS of websites (which all say to use Movie Mode), I much prefer the 'Standard' mode over 'Movie' mode personally. 'Standard' mode seems to make the picture really clear, crisp with defined edges - ok, it may have some added artificial effects but for me personally, I think this mode is way better than 'Movie' mode.
:smashin:

Last edited:
I've purchased this TV today and so far I'm very impressed with it. I can see a small amount of motion blur and minor judder but I've not yet changed any of the default settings. I did look at a configuration which recommended Movie mode and, I agree, it makes the picture look soft.

I've checked the service menu and activated the Bluetooth module, now need to buy a smart remote. I activated the smart remote option but noticed all the onscreen remote diagrams altered to that so I've turned that option off for now.

I've purchased this TV today and so far I'm very impressed with it. I can see a small amount of motion blur and minor judder

I've turned on the Auto Motion Plus Settings on this set and it definitely reduces the judder to almost being non existent. I have mine set to 7 although this does give the picture the 'Soap Opera Effect' (Google it if you're not sure what this means) but personally, I actually quite like this as it makes the picture look more real (it's like the program is being filmed 'Live').
:)

I
I've checked the service menu and activated the Bluetooth module, now need to buy a smart remote. I activated the smart remote option but noticed all the onscreen remote diagrams altered to that so I've turned that option off for now.

With regards to the bluetooth, I would be careful as just because you see an option for this in the Service menu, it doesn't necessarily mean the TV will have it.....

There seems to be 3 variants of this TV:

1. One with bluetooth (so the Smart Remote pairs up first time. The Service Menu will display a MAC address in the Bluetooth section).
  2. One with bluetooth but is disabled within the Services menu (Smart Remote only pairs once bluetooth is enabled. The Service Menu will display a MAC address in the Bluetooth section once it is enabled).
  3. One with no bluetooth whatsoever - the firmware and set up screen will still display options for pairing a Smart Remote but this will be impossible as the TV literally has no bluetooth hardware installed (you'll constantly see the 'Not Available' message on the TV screen with every single button press of the Smart Remote. The Service Menu will still show the Bluetooth option but when it is enabled, the MAC address will just display 0.0.0.0. confirming that even though the option is visible, there is no bluetooth module installed hence the "0.0.0.0" MAC address).

I've seen and owned variants 1 and 3 but have seen people with variant 2, describing it on here.

Interesting to say also that when I spoke to Samsung's official online chat, they confirmed that the 50"MU6120 actually does not come with bluetooth so even they are unsure as several models of this TV do indeed have bluetooth.....

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom