Samsung 50mu6120 owners Thread

jtthumar

Established Member
Reaction score
Folks with so many people buying the 6120 from argos i thought i will start this thread for any tips, advice, picture settings etc.

I bought one, but I have noticed some white patching towards the lower right.

Just wondering if this is a faulty panel?

Attachments

• 15095270977291599489475.jpg
    15095270977291599489475.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1,033
Got this yesterday. Really pleased with it so far not had a chance to play around with the settings yet.

Got one a few days ago, excellent telly. Wondering what format your usb stick must be in? Fat32/ntfs?

Just ordered this and am trying to set my Harmony Ultimate up before arrival but TV not in the database yet.Will be using MU6100 till then hopefully
Could someone tell my what the 3 hdmi inputs are labelled as ie arc,uhd etc or are they all UHD compatible.

Just ordered this and am trying to set my Harmony Ultimate up before arrival but TV not in the database yet.Will be using MU6100 till then hopefully
Could someone tell my what the 3 hdmi inputs are labelled as ie arc,uhd etc or are they all UHD compatible.
1 & 2 are UHD, 3 is labelled ARC

I have a Harmony hub and entered the model manually and it just brings forward the same set of controls as the 6100.

I noticed the tv sometimes turned itself off straight after turning on when running my Watch TV activity so I've reduced the power on input delay to 0 and turned off the Anynet+ HDMI CEC option on the TV to see if that helps. Not sure what was causing it but so far so good.

thanks very helpful,I always turn off CEC as it interferes with Harmony
cheers

Quite right - it's the HDMI-CEC that won't work with Harmonys so needs turning off.

Great news lads...TV has Bluetooth...enabled in engineers settings and connected my earphones !!

Switchoff TV
Press Info+settings+mute + power quickly as u can
Goto MDR setting... enable BT option abpve BT address
Goto Engineer settings...enable BT audio
Restart TV and voila ... U should have Bluetooth receiver under sound settings along with TV speaker option !!

What's the best way to connect a soundbar to the TV, via Bluetooth or cable? If cable, HDMI?

Also I have a portable drive with movies, some in Ultra HD. In order to play them in the TV, it has to be through an HDMI cable connection?

Hi guys. My very first post here. My existing Samsung UE50KU6000 has faint vertical white lines that appear at the top of the screen whenever the camera pans sharply left or right. Don't know if anyone else has ever experienced this?

Can anyone confirm that this is NOT an issue with the 50mu6120?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Matt87. I bought a MU8120 and I don't get any of the white lines you mention. I haven't noticed any banding or anything.

Hi Peter. Thanks for your reply. So it's called 'banding'? I didn't know that was the term for it.

Are you aware of any way to alleviate it?

Great news lads...TV has Bluetooth...enabled in engineers settings and connected my earphones !!

Switchoff TV
Press Info+settings+mute + power quickly as u can
Goto MDR setting... enable BT option abpve BT address
Goto Engineer settings...enable BT audio
Restart TV and voila ... U should have Bluetooth receiver under sound settings along with TV speaker option !!

Is this also how you access the service menu? Want to check the panel type.

What sort of panel in the 49MU6120? Are people happy with it?

Thinking of purchasing!

Supposedly it has a VA panel:

https://******/E7zMEF

I own the 50MU6172 but don't know how to confirm this. Can't access the service menu because all the combinations I find in the Internet are done using a traditional remote, and not the one it comes with the TV. I also read about a finger test, but is not conclusive.

Is this tv any good,Samsung are just about the only make that I haven't tried over the past few months.On my third Hisense from Richer Sounds at the moment and the DSE is doing my head in so thinking of exchanging for this model.Is it good for gaming?In built apps HDR10 etc,basically any info appreciated.

I dont have experience with others to make comparisons. Having that said, I can tell you that the TV has a cheap construction, plasticky, bezels on the thick side. As for picture quality, Im delighted with it. Watching UHD content is incredible, a feast to the eyes. FHD is very good too. HD and less not so much. Smart TV functions work good so far. Was surprised by the fact that the internet browser supports viewing videos, movies etc. Blacks are not the best, Im used to OLED displays in smartphones so I notice the difference, but are much better than IPS TV panels.

Didnt test gaming.

I know it's a bit of a lottery but do they suffer from Dirty Screen Effect?

I dont have experience with others to make comparisons. Having that said, I can tell you that the TV has a cheap construction, plasticky, bezels on the thick side. As for picture quality, Im delighted with it. Watching UHD content is incredible, a feast to the eyes. FHD is very good too. HD and less not so much. Smart TV functions work good so far. Was surprised by the fact that the internet browser supports viewing videos, movies etc. Blacks are not the best, Im used to OLED displays in smartphones so I notice the difference, but are much better than IPS TV panels.

Didnt test gaming.

Would you recommend it? Does it have any banding issues? Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom