1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung 50L7 Service Menu!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by DLPGirl, Apr 2, 2005.

1. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anybody tweaked the telly through the service menu???

There are a range of options lot of complicated stuff.

Will the brave ones come forward and share there results.

Also how does one go back to previous settings if you forget what they were. The reset button just resets the telly not the settings :thumbsdow

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,908
    The answer to this is pretty much the same for service menus in most devices.

WRITE DOWN ALL THE VALUES BEFORE YOU CHANGE ANY OF THEM

3. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hay DLP, I have! I have mainly fiddled with the lamp, contrast, brightness, and speaker base settings. There are so many settings I am still fiddling. Remember you can reset to your original settings by pressing enter on the last setting in the service menu.

4. JZEE

JZEE
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Misty,

I have not fiddled with any settings at all on my SP46 however I am pretty sure I have read somewhere that you cannot reset the settings back to factory defaults in the service menu.

Are you sure that you can? Everyone in the US forums is saying that you should write down the settings BEFORE adjusting anything. :confused:

5. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In the service menu on the 50 there is a setting that says if you press it the tv returns to default settings. I must say I have not tried it so, of course, one always writes down what they do. I have all the original settings in my head!

6. KableMan

KableMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hey DLPGirl, mistycat and JZEE - maybe you can help me.

I'm in the process of returning my Toshiba 46WM48 (due to the dreaded blur) and I'm looking for a replacement and was seriously considering the Samsung SP50L7HX especially since its recent price drop.

But I wanted to find out whether or not it supports 1280x720 resolution via VGA and DVI->HDMI as I'd like to connect up a HTPC and try out HD demos. I've read the recent manual that was posted and it lists 1024x768 as XGA (i.e. via the VGA) and 1280x720p via DTV (not sure if this is DVI or HDMI?). It also lists 1980x1080i but then goes on to say that interlaced modes are not supported. I've also heard that it supports 1280x768 but that this can lead to overscan which is undesirable.

So basically I want to know if I can get the native resolution 1280x720 when connected without any overscan?

Also - do you use the samsung HD945 or Panansonic s97 or Denon 2910 or 3910 to upscale DVDs via HDMI? If so how does this look?

Finally - how far do you sit from your TV? I'm about 10 1/2ft. How do you find the TV looks with standard analogue and digital TV at this distance?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    KableMan

7. JZEE

JZEE
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Kableman,

Have a look at http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=499522&highlight=hlp+1280x720 - this is thread related to 1280x720 on the HLP5063 (i.e. SP50L3HX) - as far as I know it is also natively supported on my SP46L3HX. I PRESUME, that it is also supported on the L7 models that use the HD2+ instead of HD3 but perhaps MistyCat or DLPGirl can confirm.

I use the Samsung HD935 which is like the HD945 with a DVI out instead of HDMI - picture quality is almost of HD quality due to 1080i/720p upscaling.

I sit about 11 feet or so away from the TV and analogue TV is really nothing to write home about but there again, these TVs were not really made for this type of transmission. I plan to get digital TV soon thus I cannot comment on this at this point.

Hope this helps.

8. KableMan

KableMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Thanks JZEE - that helps and I'll check out the link :smashin: