• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung 50" models

scottttyyyy

Standard Member
Desperate to get a new tv, and after having two Samsung LCD's prefer to stick with the brand.

Now, my preference is the PS50C7000, however after a visit to Currys, they have two different models, C6900 and C680. Now I know there are some reviews on each tv, however, I can not see any real difference to justify the cost difference.

Can someone clarify? No internet TV is no great deal as the PS3 and PC are all close by, however, the picture quality is not something I do wish to suffer on if there will be a noticeable difference?

The C680 is the one that looks the best deal, Comet offering the tv with blu ray player and glasses for 1k.

Appreciate any responses given.

Thanks

glen8

Hi,

I'm in the same boat. Not sure what the differences are but that deal seems expensive to me.

I thought the 680 was selling for around £850 with the FREE player and movies?

scottttyyyy

Standard Member
Deal may be slightly different, possibly few glasses as well, but was definitely £999 for the tv, blu ray player in Currys. Gonna stop at Comet later as I believe they have the 7000 series on display. The finish has possibly ruled that out as I prefer the gloss to match in with the furnishings and I believe the 7000 is matt.

glen8

I've had no end of TVs within the last few years. 3 LCDs and god knows how many plasmas. What I have learnt is that each year the quality difference is VERY small.

Because of this I am favouring the 680. I doubt the 6900 or 7000 are much better in the real world to justify the extra premium.

I'm all set on plasma over LCD and since the Panasonics are not perfect I'm going 'best bang for your buck' this time round.

Will have a look in my local comet/currys later tonight

Fall Guy

Standard Member
Not all that much of a difference price wise I paid £1079 last week for 6900 with player and two extra glasses, could have made do without the player for £999 delivered. Not from comet/currys though. Also one pair of glasses in the box and free pair for samsung so four pairs for nothing.

RohanM

Not all that much of a difference price wise I paid £1079 last week for 6900 with player and two extra glasses, could have made do without the player for £999 delivered. Not from comet/currys though. Also one pair of glasses in the box and free pair for samsung so four pairs for nothing.

Hey, so where did you get the kit from? As well as a telly, I would like a BluRay player - and with two kids, the extra pair of free glasses would be a boon...

xander054

Hey Fall Guy...The price on that website is way higher now... coming in at £1228 with bluray player £1149 without.

Gutted i keep missing these deals :) lol

Fall Guy

Standard Member
Only just! It was still at the old price when I posted it and I believe the free glasses from Samsung has finished as well.
Though I was slightly disapointed myself as the day after I got it Amazon was selling the 7000 for £1070 though without a BR player however thats up to £1299 now.

StormHD

Keep an eye on John Lewis - they have exactly the same deal but with 5 yr warranty. They're currently out of stock online but my local store (Trafford) was able to order one for me.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom