1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung 50" John Lewis price matching with Costco

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by nick.stratta, May 14, 2005.

1. nick.stratta

nick.stratta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear all!

Went to see a Sammy 50" DLP in John Lewis Kingston today. Very impressive so I ordered one! The staff were pretty knowledgeable too which was good.

The sticker price was £2995 and I asked about John Lewis price matching with Costco. Costco Watford have it up for £1997.48 today. I showed the guy the post from a previous thread where Sikenny got the Southampton John Lewis store to match the Costco price. He took some details and seemed hopeful.

So the question in this post is:

"Who else has been successful in getting a John Lewis price match with Costco and which John Lewis branch?"

Pleae let me know :thumbsup:

Many thanks
    Nick

2. nick.stratta

nick.stratta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Bad news, John Lewis Undersales Department turned me down with the price match on Costco. They said they were a wholesale warehouse and as a result didn't price match against them becuase they do not view them as a 'shop'.
    Anyone else had this?

What about that French website selling it for around £1750? Anyone had any experience of them?

best regads to all :)
    Nick

3. Br41ns

Br41ns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    :hiya:

Hi Nick, if you talking about pixmania then i think you should read some of the other threads, pixmania are very good at saying an item is in stock when it isnt, normally they dont know when they're actually getting stock. I had a bad experience with my HD945 dvd player, certainly wont use them again.

4. AV Alan

AV Alan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Samsung 50" on order with pixmania, it looked good to start with. Price was £1760 including delviery and according to the web site the product was in stock...

Unfortunately it appears as despite what the web site says they do not / did not have stock and several others are in the same boat as me. Despite the web site still saying its in stock they can not give a firm delivery date :(

So in answer to your question my experience so far has not been good. If I can find a good price elswhere I will order, alternatively I may swap plans and get a Toshiba 52wm48p instead - bigger screen for less money.

Alan

5. bobobaldy

bobobaldy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I think John Lewis have a 'fair' distance policy in which they give you a radius of miles to be within between both stores. Thus they'll say uh ah!

7. CTID

CTID

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow don't do it. Read some threads first.

8. pantages

pantages

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    John Lewis claim to 'Never knowingly to be undersold'. They know Costco undersell them so surely JLP should price match? As for buying the Toshiba, then go ahead, it is a good set and performs better than most and is just as reliable - or not!