Samsung 5 series / 6 series .. spot the difference

robdownes

Standard Member
Reaction score
Can anyone advise the material differences between these models:

Samsung UE46F5500
Samsung UE46F6200

I'm having trouble spotting the difference (apart from physical appearance, of course).

The 6 series has an extra HDMI port, but apart from that, I can't spot any real differences. It looks like the RRP was the same for both models - but now the 6200 model is available (considerably) cheaper than the 5500.

I'm also keen to know: is there a fundamental difference between "a five series" and "a six series" ? I've spent a few hours researching but to no avail ..

Would appreciate any advice if anyone has anything to offer !

Many thanks .. :smashin:

Series 5: Just above entry level. ... Series 6: Mid-range. ... In addition to the features of the series below, this range features Samsung's premium image processing and a touch-sensitive remote. various screen sizes from the same ranges tend to perform to a similar standard.

Thanks .. I realise the series 5 is just above entry level and series 6 is mid range ;-)

I can't find any mention of "Premium Image Processing" on Samsung's website.

I decided not to sweat too much and bought the UE46F6200 today (well priced at Currys: £599).

I also have the UE46ES5500 (last year's equivalent of the UE46F5500) and the both have the same remote control .. no touch sensitive remote control with the 6 series.

Too early to comment too much on the new set (and I still don't know the material differences between the F6200 and the F5500) - but it does the job :)

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom