• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung 4K TV for sons room

Evokazz

Hiya guys, I'm looking for best bang for the buck TV for my sons room, he wants to make the change to 4K HDR and were looking at an Xmas pressie in the form of a new TV.

He wants a Samsung which we prefer anyways.

So far I keep looking at the 43TU8500 Is this a decent TV?

tvdavid

the next best tv would be the q60T so yes.

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
At 43", unless he's sitting on top of it, it's too small to see the benefit of 4K over 1080p.

At that size it would be really all about HDR performance to get a real benefit. Unfortunately, nobody makes a decent HDR TV at that size.
(All new TV's are HDR capable, only upper mid-range can actually show off HDR, for cheaper options it's about compatibility. It won't look much, if any, better than SDR)
You're looking at 48" minimum for an LG CX which is 3.5 x the price or a 49/50" LCD @ £1000 for anything that's HDR capable in a "smaller" package, and you'd be as well going for a 55" rather than a 50" for the small extra cost and better motion handling.

Long version short, if he has a decent 1080p TV already, he'd be as well keeping it as unless it's crap there's no real benefit to upgrading it other than .... new and shiny.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom