Samsung 4K Frustration - UE40HU6900 (UE-40HU6900UXXU)

AWeakling

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

OK I am getting very frustrated at the moment and thought I would call upon the forum for help. I haven't upgraded my telly for about 5 years or so. I'm prepping for the leap to 4K switched AV Receiver to the Marantz NR1604, brought in the Panasonic DMP-BDT330 upgraded all my HDMI cables to Akord v2.0's, switched over to a Synology NAS and am now on the hunt for the telly. I simply don't have the room for a 55" telly (plus I hate the idea of having an enormous telly that I cant see all of the screen of by sitting back and viewing) 49" and less is ideal size but don't want to really drop below 40".
I have been looking at and am awaiting official release of the Sony 49X850 but suspect it may hit our shelves at around £1600 rather than my anticipated £1350, I want to keep the price as close to £1000 as possible.

Now here's where my frustration is coming in, I have seen the UE40HU6900 (otherwise known as the UE-40HU6900UXXU) advertised and some sites say it is 3D and others don't!?!?! Samsung's website is shocking, it must be the only electronics manufacturer website I have looked at that doesn't detail each of their products specs, which dumbfounds me in itself.

So what I need help with is IS this TV 3D or not?

I don't upgrade often but when I do I like to ensure I am getting all modern features so that I have covered all bases.

Heeellllllpppp!!! It is driving me crazy. If it is 3D at £999, it is a bargain.

Simply Electricals youtube video review says it's not 3D

It doesn't have 3D - and the 55" version is actually cheaper at the moment (although it is a European model from ibood).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom