Samsung 47" LCDTV Shadowing problems!

AceMark82

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've been having this problem with my LCD TV for around 4 months now, it seems to have gotten worse with time as this shadowing lasts for around 30 minutes from when the tv is switched on from cold. I've already had a look at the capacitors on the power board and they are not bulging or leaking. I also disconnected and reconnected the ribbons on the t-con card which doesnt seem to have helped. Does anyone have any idea where the problem would lie and how to fix it?
P.s. I am not able to return this tv as it is out of warranty.

Model no - LE46A556P1F

Last edited:
I'd return it under warranty...

Hi AceMark,

I had the exact same problem with a LE46A557P2F, it happened whenever I turned it on until it warmed up.

I took it apart yesterday and put little sticky rubber "knob" type things on each of the ribbons down the right side of the screen and then along the top board where all the ribbons attach to the top of the tv to put pressure on them all when I put the metal case back round the screen.

There must be a loose connection somewhere that seems to be ok now, whether it was the little bits of rubber I stuck to the ribbons or whether it was just the process of taking it apart and back together I don't know but it hasn't done what you show in your video since.

Don't know if this helps but it seems to be better for me.

Thanks for your reply al18ex, I hope it is something as simple as this. Waiting on a multimeter being delivered so I'll try putting pressure on these ribbons when I open the tv up again. I thought it was gonna be the t-con board so was gonna check this, was hoping someone with some experience with this kind of thing would have replied. Fingers crossed for the ribbons then. :p

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom