Quantcast

Samsung 46l6hx White Spot And Lip Sync Problem

R

rammy

Hi I Have The 46" Sammy Dlp. And A Denon Dvd Player Running Through It,the Player Has An Internal Amp I Prosume Its Got The Surround Sound Set Up. And I Get The Lip Sync Problem All The Time,drives Me Crazy, Set The Delay Before Every Film Then Half Way Through The Film It Goes Out Again. Anyone Any Ideas?also Noticed A Few White Specks On The Screen Now And Again Through Sky+ And Dvd? Thanks

Razor

Distinguished Member
Your not having the sound come out of your tv as well as your surround. You should have the sound on the set switched to off.

The white speks could be interferece with your cabling.

R

rammy

thanks ill try a new cable although i have a newish monster cable from my sky+ box.as for the sound i have it turned to zero on the tv when watching dvd's,cheers

Razor

Distinguished Member
rammy said:
thanks ill try a new cable although i have a newish monster cable from my sky+ box.as for the sound i have it turned to zero on the tv when watching dvd's,cheers

I hate to say it mate but Monster cables aren't very good. Look at Ixos or QED. :smashin:

Starfleet

Standard Member
Or you could also try Thor they have good raves, i have IXOS cables the difference from the standard out of the box to the IXOS was amazing.

Razor need your help

I have a SP46 whilst watching LOST the other day on the dark scenes they seemed almost like a pastel painting with shades within , not like an out and out black but with different shades of black like blocks of black to grey made the faces of people very artificial . This seems to happen quite a lot know . Any thoughts on how to reduce this . All help welcome. Thanks in advance

dunsters

Novice Member
Starfleet:hiya:

If you have a copy of Starwars (I expect you will with a name like that:D ) then you could use THX (which comes on the Episode I and II DVDs) to optomise your screen, which may help ensure a black black?

Cheers:hiya:

Starfleet

Standard Member
dunsters said:
Starfleet:hiya:

If you have a copy of Starwars (I expect you will with a name like that:D ) then you could use THX (which comes on the Episode I and II DVDs) to optomise your screen, which may help ensure a black black?

Cheers:hiya:
:hiya:

Mmmmmm, guess what funnily enough I do :rotfl: :D , I will try, but recently I have tried many different settings evrything set at 50 with contrast at 65. Yet it's still blocky even on a DVD with LOTR scenes in the caves.

Does anybody think it could be the TV that's at fault?

Shooter1

rammy said:
Why dont you try an optical cable from your Sky + to your denon.

The tv sound needs to be on internal mute.

HTH

Razor

Distinguished Member
Starfleet said:
Or you could also try Thor they have good raves, i have IXOS cables the difference from the standard out of the box to the IXOS was amazing.

Razor need your help

I have a SP46 whilst watching LOST the other day on the dark scenes they seemed almost like a pastel painting with shades within , not like an out and out black but with different shades of black like blocks of black to grey made the faces of people very artificial . This seems to happen quite a lot know . Any thoughts on how to reduce this . All help welcome. Thanks in advance

Sounds like colour blocking or banding. Is it a divx rip or original retail? :confused:
What are you using for playback? PC or DVD player? :confused:

:smashin:

B

beng

Starfleet said:

Razor need your help

I get this on everything I watch on my NTL digi box connected through RGB scart. I haven't watched many DVD's yet but that's also connected with a good quailty cambridge audio scart lead.

Starfleet

Standard Member
Razor said:
Sounds like colour blocking or banding. Is it a divx rip or original retail? :confused:
What are you using for playback? PC or DVD player? :confused:

It's E4 but it is also happening on LOTR the caves scenes also King Theoden beards looks GREEN :eek: in Two Towers. Playback DVD via IXOS cables. Look forward to your advice

Razor

Distinguished Member
Starfleet said:
It's E4 but it is also happening on LOTR the caves scenes also King Theoden beards looks GREEN :eek: in Two Towers. Playback DVD via IXOS cables. Look forward to your advice

If it is from E4 I can unerstand. Aparently E4+1 as a higher bandwidth than the normal E4. I think this is dueto interactive services.

You souldnt be getting this issue with dvd playback. Is it region 1 or 2 and what make of dvd player are you using? Is it outputing NTSC or PAL? What conectionsare you using, is it component or RGB Scart?

Have you got the THX video optimiser? There are also other better discs on the market like DVE and Avia:

http://www.videoessentials.com/

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/630551982X/102-9449812-7795351?v=glance

:D

B

beng

Hi Razor,

I'm getting the same issue on nearly every NTL channel I watch through RGB scart. It's most noticeable when you have a strong foreground image in the background around lightsources. Check it out!

I've emailed samsung about the issue so we will see where that goes.

Starfleet

Standard Member
Razor said:
If it is from E4 I can unerstand. Aparently E4+1 as a higher bandwidth than the normal E4. I think this is dueto interactive services.

You souldnt be getting this issue with dvd playback. Is it region 1 or 2 and what make of dvd player are you using? Is it outputing NTSC or PAL? What conectionsare you using, is it component or RGB Scart?

Have you got the THX video optimiser? There are also other better discs on the market like DVE and Avia:

http://www.videoessentials.com/

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/630551982X/102-9449812-7795351?v=glance

DVD Player is Sony 905 connected scart RGB, Region 2 disc so imagine it's PAL

Razor

Distinguished Member
Starfleet said:
DVD Player is Sony 905 connected scart RGB, Region 2 disc so imagine it's PAL

I am not familiar with this dvd player. Has it got a component out? Use this if it has, if it hasnt I would look to upgrade your player as these large screen displays need the best source possible. Try a pc via DVI or VGA connection with a copy of Windvd7 link. Use the free trial to see if you are getting the same results as you are with your dvd player.

Also remember that each input has to be set up independantly and your settings on the scart input wont be the same as the settings on the DVI or Component. Therefore you must calibrate each input seperately.

If all this doesnt work it sounds like you may need to calibrate your set. I remember a while back a few samsung members complained about green tints and if I remember correct they had to get into the service menu to sort this out. The service menu should be the last thing you try. Also if you do go in there you must note down all the settings in case you go wrong so you can put them all back to default.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Starfleet

Standard Member
Razor

My DVD player Doesn't have component out, do you think should go out and buy a cheapy DVD player with HDMI for now like a samsung 850 until the HD DVD stuff comes out. When is that likely to happen. Is there anyway to improve on the quality of Cable TV?

Razor

Distinguished Member
Starfleet said:
Razor

My DVD player Doesn't have component out, do you think should go out and buy a cheapy DVD player with HDMI for now like a samsung 850 until the HD DVD stuff comes out. When is that likely to happen. Is there anyway to improve on the quality of Cable TV?

If you are not going to have a HTPC connected up then I would recomend a cheap player such as the samsung or panasonic. Use the HDMI connection for best results. If you do have a HTPC connected and a DVI out I would recomend trying Theater Tek with fddshow for stunning results. This player can handle anything from divx, dvd's to HD. The picture quality is breath taking and there have been allot of top end dvd owners (pioneer 868, Denon 3910) who have traded their near £1000 machines for a HTPC with theater tek and fddshow.

http://www.theatertek.com/

Unfortunately the only way to improve on cable tv/satalite tv is to use a scaller such as a lugamen (£1000) or get a SDI sky box (£400+). But seeing as Sky HD/Cable HD is only around the corner I wouldnt bother. The picture you recieve from cable will vary a great deal depending on the channel and amount of bitrate that channel is using. The best you can get is using a RGB scart and allowing this in the cable/sky menu and plugging the scart into the right socket (rgb scart).

Starfleet

Standard Member
Razor

As i get dixons/currys vouchers on a regular basisis there anything they have which would do the job?

Razor

Distinguished Member
Starfleet said:
Razor

As i get dixons/currys vouchers on a regular basisis there anything they have which would do the job?

What is your budget first? Have you got a pc you could connect up just to test it out? :confused:

Starfleet

Standard Member
Razor said:
What is your budget first? Have you got a pc you could connect up just to test it out? :confused:
Hi :hiya:

Budget sort of open i have currently £270 worth of vouchers with hopefully more on the way. have PC but upstairs connected to broadband major upheaval to get downstairs. :rolleyes:

Kazman

Contrast at 65?!?? Is that percentage?

That is surely way too high?!?

You should try to use AVIA, was fantastic for me and calibrated my images on my old Toshie CRT Rear Pro to near perfection :).

Now just waiting for my new Sagem to turn up :)...........but the wait for the new TV is raather horrible :(.

Razor

Distinguished Member
Starfleet said:
Hi :hiya:

Budget sort of open i have currently £270 worth of vouchers with hopefully more on the way. have PC but upstairs connected to broadband major upheaval to get downstairs. :rolleyes:

I was the same as you with the pc living upstairs. I got a wifi and it hasnt moved in months. I use it for NTSC play back, HD movies and shows, games, work and surfing. I was hesitant about connecting up my pc but I am so glad I did.

As for a dvd player I would look at the Samsung, Denon, Pioneer or Panasonic. I haven't read up on dvd players for a while so pop into the dvd section of the forums or look at Home Cinema Choices web page for reviews.

Go for the best you can afford baring in mind HD is round the corner. HDMI should be on the tick list too. Also consider if you want to play back any divx or xvid files.

I personally would go the pc route as it is far more flexible (HD, games, all formats etc) and I think once set up properly will give you a better picture. Also when Blueray and HD DVD drives come out all you have to do is swap dvd roms and you will have a dual format HD machine.

What ever you deciede read and demo as much as possible.

:thumbsup:

Starfleet

Standard Member
Razor said:
I was the same as you with the pc living upstairs. I got a wifi and it hasnt moved in months. I use it for NTSC play back, HD movies and shows, games, work and surfing. I was hesitant about connecting up my pc but I am so glad I did.
Razor

thanks for advice if i was going to buy a HTPC what should i be looking for as a spec and what would be the costs, would it be better to just get a basic pc with good graphics card?

Razor

Distinguished Member
Starfleet said:
Razor

thanks for advice if i was going to buy a HTPC what should i be looking for as a spec and what would be the costs, would it be better to just get a basic pc with good graphics card?

I would go for a minimum spec of around 3.2 gig with 512k and a geforce 6600gt. This should play HD files with ease. My pc is just over a year old and it is a 3400 AMD64, X800XT PE ATI, 1 gig memory, 780 gig Hard Drive, 2 dvd roms. The minimum spec I mentioned should cost under £500.

Any pc will do really as long as the graphics card is of a certain level. I would say that the minimum for a card would be the 6600GT which can be bought for under £100 now. You can buy fancy AV look alike cases if you so desire, but it isnt essential.

http://www.silverstonetek.com/2005ces show.htm

If you have a pc in mind post the spec and I will see if it will suit your needs. :smashin:

Razor

Distinguished Member
Cool :smashin:

Jamesy_UK

Novice Member
Worth noting that the old AGP and possibly PCiE 6800GT and Ultra cards suffer/ed with a video problem that causes them to chew large amounts of cpu power and judder on hd clips, a recent driver release improved things but still isnt great.
for example I own a AXP64 3500+ venice with a Gainward 6800GT card and 2gb of system ram with a 250gb sata150 hd and hd clips judder on mediaplayer, power dvd and windvd, havent had a chance to look at Theatertek tho.

Razor

Distinguished Member
Jamesy_UK said:
Worth noting that the old AGP and possibly PCiE 6800GT and Ultra cards suffer/ed with a video problem that causes them to chew large amounts of cpu power and judder on hd clips, a recent driver release improved things but still isnt great.
for example I own a AXP64 3500+ venice with a Gainward 6800GT card and 2gb of system ram with a 250gb sata150 hd and hd clips judder on mediaplayer, power dvd and windvd, havent had a chance to look at Theatertek tho.

Oh dear that doesnt sound good, I have heard about this issue and I do beleive there is a fix. I read something alone these lines in the HTPC section of the forums. I dont think the 6600GT has these issues, I could be wrong though. The 6600GT is ment to have better HD support than its bigger brother the 6800GT.

Out of all the players I have, Theater Tek seems to use the least amount of cpu power.

Jamesy_UK

Novice Member
your correct the 6600GT's are not affected, I have tried the work-arounds and very hit and miss for instance I can now get bladerunner 11gb HD version stutter free but the 21gb matrix HD stutters still ;/.