Samsung 46D6750 vs 46ES6540?

Willnc86

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm hoping somebody can help me decide between the two. I currently have the D6750 with the inherent fullhd3d problem. In fact Samsung have offered me a full refund through Costco. Costco will be stocking the ES6540 from early August and I'm told I can trade my D6750 for it. My dilemma is whether or not I do? I hear the 3d issue is fixed but cant help but feel that the fall in the model number implies a bit of a downgrade. Likely stupid logic I'm sure but that's why I'd really like some advice from people more in the know.

Many thanks in advance for any help

Slightly off topic but, what's the full HD 3D problem on the D6750? I have the 32 inch, also from Costco? It's not used often as it's in the guest room and I've never had a Blu-Ray player attached. I have been impressed with it so far.

Good luck.

Col.

Hey, basically the entire D6xxx range originally claimed to be be FullHD3D however when displaying a FullHD3D image it halves the vertical resolution to 540p. If you search D6xxx full hd 3d you'll find quite a few pages on the issue. I had to battle for months to get Samsung to admit fault.

n.b. I've just been told that Costco will in fact be stocking the ES6560 not the 6540. I have absolutely no idea what the difference is between the two, I suspect there isn't one besides the model number but if anybody knows better please tell me!

Blimey! I'll have a look see.

There will never be a Blu-Ray 3D attached out in the guest room but, a significant faux pas from Samsung nevertheless.

It was strange that only a few places stocked the D6750, Costco being one of them.
You have me thinking now whether I should complain. Will check it out first on Google.

Thanks mate!

Col.

I know of a few people who've had success with refunds so worth a shot but may well become a slog which, given your circumstance, arguably isn't worth it.

Yeah from what I can gather Costco like to try and secure exclusive rights to a particular model which was the case with the d6750 for a time. They were in negotiations with Samsung this year to secure an exclusive ES6xxx model. Whether this is the ES6560 i'm not sure but I suspect not.

Anyway, best of luck sir!

As you say, many reports of an issue on the Internet. Thanks for the 'heads-up' on this one.

I guess I will only know if I try it out. I have a Samsung 3d Blu-Ray player which I got when I bought my 46ES8000 in May which is still unopened ( it was basically free as there was a £250 discount, on introduction ). Maybe I'll give that a try. Missed out on the free Galaxy Tablet offer by 9 days.

This is why I love these forums.........information interchange! Thanks again and good luck with your original issue.

I have to say, I still prefer Samsung stuff and the new 46ES8000 is, IMHO, wonderful.

Col.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom