Question Samsung 46" F8000 - Like for Like Replacement?

dodgy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a Samsung UE46F8000ST which has died. In the event that it can't be fixed, I assume John Lewis will offer me a 'like for like' replacement from the current Samsung range.

The TV was obviously top of the range when it was bought, and I spent a long time reading reviews and considering options.

Which, in your opinion, would be the closest current model to the specification? I'd like to have a model in mind to begin the negotiation if it gets to it.

I'm sort of hoping to upgrade to 4K at the same time, but it all depends exactly how broken my set turns out to be and what I can haggle.

Thanks for any suggestions

Probably the KS8000. Expect to sit a lot closer to a UHD to get a visible quality increase, especially at lower screen sizes.

Thanks, that's really helpful as a starting point for me.
I'm hoping to upgrade the size if they give me the option - I hear you on UHD.

I'll be interested what they offer me. The TV I have is 3D and although I don't make great use of it, I do have some 3D movies. If they really intend to offer me a 'comparable specification' then it'll need to support 3D. They don't sell any cheap and/or ~46" TVs that do, so this could be interesting ...

Comparable TV with 3D would be the Sony XD93 I guess but most likely they will look at cost instead of features so I wouldn't be surprised if they offered a far inferior TV. Let us know how it goes.

They rang me today. Apparently it needs a new screen ... but also that JL agreed to the repair cost (damn), so the repair place are going to replace the screen to fix the issue.

Only problem is now, the screen is out of stock ...

Just to close this - after several weeks it became apparent that they couldn't locate a replacement screen and nor could they offer a like-for-like replacement, so they refunded me my original purchase price.

I couldn't really be happier, especially as I'd already bought a Samsung UE55KS7000 in the Black Friday sale ...

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom