Samsung 46" 856s & HT X710 problem!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by maciekatt, Jan 29, 2009.

1. maciekatt

maciekatt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a LE46 856S1M & a HT-X710T

I am using HDMI leads from number 1 I connect to the Virgin V+ box

from HDMI 2 I connect to the HT X710,

when we watch TV we can only get the TV speakers, when we watch a DVD we get the Cinema speakers. I have tried phono leads white and red connect to the back of the DVD player and to the TV I have evne tried the TV to Virgin box.
    we cannot get sound from the external speakers while watching TV please some one what am i doing wrong??
    Thank you

2. ows90

ows90

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    To get audio from the TV, the red/white phono leads need to be connected from audio OUT sockets. This TV -- unusually -- has none, and the two sets of phono sockets you see on the back are both INPUTS (for component and DVI respectively).

However, since the TV has a digital optical audio output socket, and the (2.1ch) home cinema system has an optical input, all you need is an optical cable. Then, press the AUX button on the home cinema remote control (top right), such that "DIGITAL IN" is selected.

In the meantime, you can still use the red/white phono cables that you have, but only to listen to the V+ box (not the TV's tuner), by connecting the V+ box red/white audio out sockets directly to the home cinema's AUX IN 2 phono sockets, then, as above press AUX repeatedly until "AUX 2" is selected.