Samsung 43NU7400 - Looks like it's a VA panel!

adriasanchezig

Standard Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: Confirmed, it's a VA panel

Spanish review: Samsung NU7405 (UE43NU7405, UE50NU7405, UE55NU7405, UE65NU7405) - Opinioteca.com

I've just received this TV and I'm pretty happy with the image quality. (The exact model is UE43NU7405U here in Spain)

Blacks look good, and from the sides colours look washed out, they get like white, so is it a VA panel?

It's 43 inch display, so if it's a VA panel it's probably the first one of this size

Even if it's not a VA panel, blacks are so good

Picture from the sides

18htHbF.jpg

Picture from the front

vCWuuRH.jpg

I also took a picture of the pixels

siCkCCs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure that is VA,

http://i.rtings.com/images/reviews/tv/samsung/mu7000/mu7000-pixels-large.jpg - Samsung VA Red>Blue>Green

http://i.rtings.com/images/reviews/tv/samsung/mu7000/mu7000-pixels-large.jpg - Samsung ADS (IPS) Red>Green>Blue

Lets hope its the same in the UK! Nice find :) you made a gamble and it paid off, most 43" are IPS.

You posted the same picture twice :)

I'm enjoying the TV.
Compared to the 701V by LG that I returned, the samsung is superior in image quality. Specially with black level and when playing or watching 4K content, as the LG was a 3K panel (although advertised as 4K, but the white pixel makes it lose a little bit of definition in my opinion)

You posted the same picture twice :)

I'm enjoying the TV.
Compared to the 701V by LG that I returned, the samsung is superior in image quality. Specially with black level and when playing or watching 4K content, as the LG was a 3K panel (although advertised as 4K, but the white pixel makes it lose a little bit of definition in my opinion)
Darn, well here is the right picture of ADS: http://i.rtings.com/images/reviews/tv/samsung/ju6400/ju6400-pixels-large.jpg (IPS).

This is interesting, some reviews I have read call out the viewing angle as being unacceptable, with an almost white picture past 45", but your picture looks fine. I wonder if there are different panels being used on different sub models/ batches.

This is interesting, some reviews I have read call out the viewing angle as being unacceptable, with an almost white picture past 45", but your picture looks fine. I wonder if there are different panels being used on different sub models/ batches.
It's very subjective, to me the video shows the viewing angle is bad which is why I said it's a VA panel. If you are happy with how that looks to the side you do not need to worry about reviews stating bad viewing angles really, all VA panels have poorer viewing angles but better picture quality than IPS panels in other areas.

It's very subjective, to me the video shows the viewing angle is bad which is why I said it's a VA panel. If you are happy with how that looks to the side you do not need to worry about reviews stating bad viewing angles really, all VA panels have poorer viewing angles but better picture quality than IPS panels in other areas.

Exactly

The VA panel is perfect for me because I have the TV just in front of me just at the end of the bed

I took delivery of my UE43NU7400 from John Lewis yesterday and can confirm it's a VA panel.

So far I'm VERY happy with it, though I need to spend some time tweaking the settings to get them just right. Overall though the image quality is punchy, pin sharp and there are no banding or light bleed issues whatsoever. Coming from a four year old 40 inch Samsung H6400 this blows it out of the water. The OS is so much speedier - Netflix is up and running in about two seconds where as it used to take about 15!

Upscaling from my Sky+HD box is superb, really can't fault the picture at all. I also bought a new Sony UBPX700B Ultra HD BluRay player on Amazon Prime day and the images it produces are stunning. I've only tried The Last Jedi and Blade Runner 2049 in 4K so far but they both look as good as I hoped as they would be.

I got John Lewis to price match a special offer so I got it for well under £500 and for that I'd say it's a steal. Brilliant TV.

Doesn't say (as far I can tell) which size they tested though.
They tested the 50" version https://opinioteca.com/imagenes/tvs/analisis/samsung/nu7405/nu7405-conexiones2-large.jpg
Seems the 43" can come with either an IPS or VA panel, so another year another lottery ;).
But NewtS' tv is definitely one with a VA panel. Which 'version no.' is on the sticker on the back?
edit: and also this is definitely not 'one of the first VA panels in this size', been around for a few years already, probably starting with the Sony 43W755C ...

Last edited:
Well I got response directly from Samsung support saying it is only VA panel on the 43 inchs.
Is not going to help you much when you end up with an IPS one ;):laugh:. You should try to get one with the same 'Version. no.' that NewtS' model has, if/when he can give us the answer to that question.

Btw, don't rely on a Samsung chat representatives for a definitive answer. One told me a VA panel, another said IPS. I was very specific I was enquiring about the U.K 43" model. Shoddy.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom