• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung 43J5500 vs Sony KDL40w705c or other? (mainly for gaming and movies)

JakeFlake

Novice Member
Hi guys,

I'm new here. I'm trying to make my room a small mancave and wanted to buy a TV with a console before christmas. Of course TV will be used for watching movies every now and then.

My budget for TV only is up to £400, I don't want to spend more.

I came across these 2 on amazon by simply browsing for a TV 40-45 inch (which is what I would look for, no need for a bigger one since I have a small room).

I read a lot of good things about Sony but my knowledge about TV's is close to none and I never really had a console so I thought I could ask smarter people about that.

Are these 2 potentially the best choices? Which one would be better for PS4 and at some point probably xbox one too?
Are there any better options?

Any help would be very appreciated :)

Cheers!

Old Bones

Established Member
If your budget is £400, and your after a 40in, then the Samsung 40H6400 is a must see! Last years flat panel model, 4 HDMI's, very decent refesh and black levels - a benchmark midrange Full HD TV. Still around in the High Street for £399 (and no, I have no idea what happening on Black Friday - trying not to thing about it!), and a look through the threads will show some happy purchasers.

The two TV's are very decent 2D entry level TV's - all the trimmings, 3 HDMI's, smart, etc. However, the 6400 has a better panel and an extra HDMI. For about the same money, the Samsung 6400 is a better buy.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom