1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung 43 Inch Rptv From Currys

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Daniel-S, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Daniel-S

Daniel-S
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seen this advertised for £900. Is it as cheap as it sounds?

Or would i be better off spending the £900 on something else?

2. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw that as well when I was in on sunday. The image looked not bad but it suffered the same problem as the 42" that I had (and sent back) which was the colours sometimes looked weird and very inacurate. This was particularily noticible on faces etc where they often looked either very yellow or grey. It also had a very low tollerance to moving from a direct centre position. You only had to move slightly up or down and the picture went very dark, infact it almost had a line of brightness that moved up and down the screen as you moved. They were selling it for about £1500 and there is no way in this world it is worth any where near that price. I suppose that £899 is not too bad though.

I took my dvd player with me and tested the Sony KP44PX3 and what a difference. The image was spectaculer. So I ordered one of them. The onyl problem is the price which they charge for it £1399. I managed to get them to price match Robert Whyte in glasgow as they do it for £1100 so got it for that and they also price matched the coverplan with Sony's at £190. So in all I saved £350. They will not however pricematch internet sites.

I looked at several sites and found that they all got you somewhere. Some were advertising free delivery but this could take 28 days or the free delivery was only to certain postcodes. But the one that horrified me the most was that most of them would require you to return the unit to them, at your expense, should you have problems with it. At least Curry's give you in home service.