SAMSUNG 43" AU9000 Crystal UHD 4K HDR Smart TV (UE43AU9000KXXU) Review!

Hi Shay

Thanks for the review. I am thinking of getting this TV too, but had a couple of questions.

1) I had a look at one and I felt that the viewing angles were pretty good for a VA panel. What's your opinion? We would have ours on a moveable Vesa arm so we could adjust it a bit, but if we had a lot of people round and some were at a 45' angle, how bad do you think it would be?

2) it looked really thin, which I guess is a good thing, but does it feel flimsy? As I say, we'd have ours on a moveable arm so it would get manhandled occasionally. Do you get the impression it wouldn't cope too well?

Thanks for the review otherwise!

VA panel on this is actually good in terms of viewing angle (better than older VA panels years back). However having it on a moveable vesa arm should help with viewing angles. IPS will be far better but good luck playing lottery with panel quality.

TV is thin indeed but build quality is solid. I don't see any problem being manhandled occasionally.

VA panel on this is actually good in terms of viewing angle (better than older VA panels years back). However having it on a moveable vesa arm should help with viewing angles. IPS will be far better but good luck playing lottery with panel quality.

TV is thin indeed but build quality is solid. I don't see any problem being manhandled occasionally.
That's really useful, thanks

Hi, are you sure this is a va panel? I just bought the au7020 and im almost certain its an ips panel. Im going to return it and try to find another budget samsung 43 with va and this could be the one.
Cheers.

Hi, are you sure this is a va panel? I just bought the au7020 and im almost certain its an ips panel. Im going to return it and try to find another budget samsung 43 with va and this could be the one.
Cheers.

I have to say that I don't know how to check 100% one way or the other, but what I can say is that the blacks on this screen are very well done (for the price) and the contrast is pretty good too - much better than my old lg TV that definitely had a ips panel.

Just had a look in Currys at the 43’ and im pretty satisfied it’s VA.

Cheers.
AU7000 series I think they use IPS panel. AU9000 use VA panel.

Just had a look in Currys at the 43’ and im pretty satisfied it’s VA.
Yep defo VA you can easily tell by the deep black level and viewing angles where as IPS panel will never reach that sort of deep black quality. Also when you move left/right viewing angles are not great as you lose details.

Yep defo VA you can easily tell by the deep black level and viewing angles where as IPS panel will never reach that sort of deep black quality. Also when you move left/right viewing angles are not great as you lose details.
Agreed, received mine today and it is a VA panel. Thanks mate this thread was a great help!

Thinking of getting the 65in version of this tv, wondering what the picture was like with cable tv,movies & sports. and is the panel 4k

Thanks for the reply, just have to do a bit more research to see if this tv any good.

Thanks for the reply, just have to do a bit more research to see if this tv any good.
It’s ok for a bedroom tv but I would want something better for a main screen

It’s ok for a bedroom tv but I would want something better for a main screen
I've got an AU8000 and I feel the opposite. I find the HDR panel a bit too bright and vivid for bedroom use (had to half the white balance values in the hidden service menu).

Absolutely love it though and next time I'd buy the more expensive qled version (Q60A) without hesitation.

I have got a AU9000 50' which I have had since June, Changed my Hisense A7400UK as was driving me mad with judder/stutter and random turning on during the night. This is a big improvement over that been a Sammy fan for a long time now... Picture is great with a bit of tweaking, Gaming is awesome so much smoother than the Hisense ever was...

Just got a notification of firmware update today from 1506 to 1708 cant see any mention of what it does on the Samsung website. Holding out on pulling the trigger on installing it until I can find a bit more about what it offers... Has anyone had this yet or have you installed it and can you see any improvements?

Just set up the 43 inch.
Picture quality is very good when adjusted from out of the box settings.
Sound is mediocre but bought a Samsung soundbar at the same time as the TV.

1805 Firmware is out now as well, installed 1708 a little while back, TV seems bit more responsive and picture has maybe improved a bit as well to these old eyes

Hi can someone confirm if this TV supports Dolby Atmos? Thinking of getting a 65 inch Samsung AU9000 main purpose of watching Netflix from the TV and it must be able to support Dolby Atmos as I am pairing this up with my Samsung HW950A soundbar which supports Dolby Atmos. Also are we missing out since this TV has HDR10+ but do not support Dolby Vision?

Supports Dolby Atmos only via soundbar. Doesn't support Dolby Vision.

Supports Dolby Atmos only via soundbar. Doesn't support Dolby Vision.
Thanks meaning that I can watch Netflix using the TV Netflix app and connect the soundbar to the HDMI EARC port and this can then play Dolby Atmos?

Yep because on the audio ouput dolby Atmos is disabled for me. I don't have Atmos sound bar.

When I get home after I'll take photo the sound option.

Thanks meaning that I can watch Netflix using the TV Netflix app and connect the soundbar to the HDMI EARC port and this can then play Dolby Atmos?
I've add the photo of the sound option.
If you look at the UI for Dolby Atmos. The description states you can turn this on if compatible Dolby Atmos enabled soundbar is connected via EARC. However I don't have Dolby Atmos soundbar so I can't check if this actually works.

Attachments

• DSC_0070.JPG
    DSC_0070.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 166
I've add the photo of the sound option.
If you look at the UI for Dolby Atmos. The description states you can turn this on if compatible Dolby Atmos enabled soundbar is connected via EARC. However I don't have Dolby Atmos soundbar so I can't check if this actually works.
Thanks! I have decided to buy the Sony X85J instead as it has both Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision and also has Google TV.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom