Samsung 43’ any with va panel?

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone confirm if there is a samsung 43’ tv that is actually va? I just received the 7020 and it is most definitely ips and with a very laggy ui. Im wondering if the next model up 8000 is actually a va panel.
Regards
Daniel.

Don’t think you can be sure. I think the Samsung range uses the same panels, but it’s a lottery and could be either. Have you looked at the guide (VA have narrow viewing angles so if your Samsung doesn’t, it’ll be IPS)?
Does it have to be a Samsung?

My 2019 RU7400 43 inch Samsung is a VA panel and as long as you sit straight in front of the screen the picture is excellent. Moving to either side of the screen and the picture becomes a tad washed out.

I can’t stand ips, went round the houses with it years ago. I had a good look at the au9000 in currys and im certain it’s va. It washes out almost immediately off center and it had an lg next to it which was most definitely ips.
I will report back once I receive mine, on a side note avoid the 43’ 7020 it’s absolutely rubbish and the os is terribly laggy on it.

Hi Dan's, the OS on my RU7400 is lightning fast, hope you are happy with your AU9000 when you get it.

My 2019 RU7400 43 inch Samsung is a VA panel and as long as you sit straight in front of the screen the picture is excellent. Moving to either side of the screen and the picture becomes a tad washed out.
Ahh that's great to hear, happy to stand corrected!

No probs Adam, I wasn,t trying to correct you but I do remember back in 2019 when my tv was current some people posted they had the same model with an IPS panel and some like myself had a VA panel. Thats the only thing I don,t like about VA is the viewing angles.

Hey, received the AU9000 43’ and it im positive it is a VA panel, yay!
Sound is crap but os is very quick, much better than the 7020.

Pleased you're happy with it, shame about the sound I find the sound on the 7400 pretty good, no need for a soundbar

My daughter had my older samsung 7 series that was only 3 years old, that was va and the sound was fine plus the os was snappy too. This years 7 series certainly in 43’ are pants imo

Cheaper and worse quality parts imo, probably cutting corners and using cheaper parts also.

TV specs do sometimes get worse year on year but cost goes up also.

imo these newer LED range of TVs and even the top end OLEDS the quality control and quality parts have dropped sharply, so they are prone to breaking down more often.

I still have a philips 26" LCD TV which works fine after 20 years, where as my Samsungs which cost several times more broke down within 3-4 years, also an LG CX which broke down after 3 months.

Imo its a panel lottery if you get a good un, same applies with finding out what panel is underneath, you can tell if you have a VA panel on your monitor or TV just move your head left and right and see if it goes crap or not. I would still rather a VA panel over an IPS panel though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom