Samsung 42" PS42Q7HDx

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by mattyn, Dec 18, 2006.

1. mattyn

mattyn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Just took delivery of my new Plasma TV - got it on the wall and all looks great - except there are two vertical lines very visible that seem to split the picture into three.
    Normal viewing shows these lines to be bright green - I would guess they are vertical lines of pixels.
    They are visible with both Sky (fed via Scart) and from the Panasonic DVD fed via the HDMI.
    Any ideas or do I need to contact the supplier?

Thanks in advance

Matty

[email protected]

2. Spinstorm

Spinstorm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    That sounds like the TV is damaged if there are lines down the side - to be honest it sounds like you damaged it when you wall mounted it - as I would bet the lines are parellel to the mounting!

If they are I would swiftly unmount it and return it and never mention it was mounted or they wont help you! and if it is not parellel to the mounting its obviously broken and need to be replaced!

3. mattyn

mattyn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that - the lines are not inline with the mountings attachment to the tv - basically they are about an inch or so either side of the Samsung label in the middle of the frame - and today anothe rline appeared about an inch to the left of the left hand line. An engineer is coming in the next couple of days to inspect it as I have stated I will probably reject the tv - I just hope they can replace it by xmas!! I am not convinced by the pic quality either - though maybe I am being too critical with UK gold!!!!

Any more thoughts greatly appreciated!

Matt