• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung 40R73 vs LG 42LC2DB, which one?

SirDoss

Established Member
It's an exchange in Currys. My LG plasma developed one too many faults. I paid £1200 so that's what I've got unless I put a bit more if you have any ideas of any other sets. Any advice is much appreciated.

SirDoss

Established Member
Funny enough I was going to go for the Panasonic but there's a lot of horror stories about this set over on the plasma forum regarding purple snake effect and green tinging when playing 360 games. I had the sales assistant in Curry's and Comet advising me to go for an LCD, would you agree? Use will be DVD's and Xbox 360 gaming, not too worried about Sky SD as we have a Panasonic CRT in another room for that.

Nielo TM

Distinguished Member
I would love to recommend the Pioneer but its way to expensive on the high street lol

I would recommend the Sammy LCD and make sure to calibrate it.

smallangryboy

Established Member
Anyone going to add any experiences of the LG 42LC2DB, just saw this running and was quietly impressed especially with SD, which lets face it I'll be watching 80% of the time.

Aminator

Established Member
It's an exchange in Currys. My LG plasma developed one too many faults. I paid £1200 so that's what I've got unless I put a bit more if you have any ideas of any other sets. Any advice is much appreciated.

for that I would expect them to change for an N73 (newer model) as the R73 great as it is (I have one) only costs under £900 from Currys online, so get a better model or get a refund for the difference

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom