• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung 40h6400 question before purchase

richardworrall

Standard Member
After reading numerous threads on here for the last few days ive virtually decided on the Samsung 40h6400.
The query i have is that im not that bothered about the 3D function side of it but after reading all the details about the panel and the almost near perfect colours etc its swaying my decision.
Is there an equivalent Samsung model/panel with the same qualities but without the 3D function for maybe a bit less that ive overlooked?

Im only wanting to spend around the £350 mark

Thanks for any advice anyone can give

DB9506

Established Member
H6200. Same but no 3D nor smart remote.

Triggaaar

Distinguished Member
thats correct, Argos are selling them really cheap, the only difference i can see there is the processing rate....200hz for the 6200 and 400hz for the 6400.

Buy Samsung 40H6200 40 Inch Full HD Freeview HD 3D Smart TV at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Televisions.
That's £50 less than the 6400 (although the 6400 has a long warranty). Does the 200Hz vs 400Hz make a difference for movies (due to matching the various 24, 50, and 60 rates) or is it just a benefit for 3D (which I'm not really interested in)?

Triggaaar

Distinguished Member
Just searching for differences:
I read that the panel for the 6200 was not made in-house, but by AU Optronics, which actually gives it better blacks.
No glasses (£12 a pair) and 1 remote, not 2.

I can't see an H6200 dedicated thread on the Samsung section of the forum, which is a bit surprising.

richardworrall

Standard Member
Not sure myself about the technical abilities of both sets. Thats why im trying to gain every bit of info before i make the purchase. Im also not that bothered about the 3D option either. I dont need it to be fast for gaming, just to show really good quality reproduction of colours for TV and films. Only prob is Argos are constantly selling out of the 6200's in my area.
Im planning on going over to RS at the weekend to have a chat with them about options and specs so ill see what they say.

Ivor_Biggern

Established Member
Richer Sounds is your best bet, they are technically better to answer questions than Argos. Just be wary though that stocks could run out at any point especially with the 6400 as that's been discontinued so retailers won't get anymore stock.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom