Samsung 40' or LG 42'?

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by mackytung, Sep 11, 2012.

1. mackytung

mackytung
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys. So I'm replacing my old 37' tv with either a Samsung Smart LED TV 40' or a LG LED TV 42'.

These are the exact models:

Samsung: 40" EH5300 Series 5 Direct LED TV - OVERVIEW | SAMSUNG

LG: LG 42LS3400 | LG Electronics PH

And I'm a reallll loser when it comes to picking tv's so I need some advice. :)

1.) I primarily use my TV for gaming. So I would like a TV thats ideal for exactly that. My 37' is a pain to use when I'm playing with a friend (split screen) So will that 2' really make much of a difference?

2.) Just how much bigger is the LG as compared to the Samsung? Cause the LG's bezel is big while the Samsung's is realllly slim. So they're technically the same right?

3.) Spec wise, which is better? I'm kinda leaning towards the Samsung cause its a Smart TV and all that. But which one is better overall?

Thanks guys! :D

2. Scooby2000

Scooby2000
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,469
    Only problem with gaming on big LADs is lag, higher the refresh rate normally the higher the lag. Plasma has lower lag and better motion though you get IR.

3. mackytung

mackytung
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply and input! but id love for the questions to be answered. :D