Samsung 40" LCD - LE40R88BDX - Freeview Problems

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by Hussain, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Hussain

Hussain
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought the above named TV and I am having problems. I have tried the freeview box (NTL Pace) through the standard cables (from the box to the tv) and freeview, as always, works perfectly fine. However when I do the following:

Press DTV
    Press D Menu

Go to Channel and press Enter. Go to "Autostore" press the right arrow and start searching for channels, I get nothing! It says No service found! Check the aerial connection.

Under setup I checked for the signal and this is what I get:

[​IMG]

Have I got a fault within the TV? Everything else is fine with it except the built in DTV. When I connect freeview through the NTL box it works fine so reception is not the problem. Just to be safe I checked and the area is good for digital so I just don't know what the problem is. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,617
    You have Cable TV and you are receiving the free-to-view channels provided by your cable operator...it is not Freeview.
    Terrestrial Digital tv in the UK is Freeview and requires an aerial...you cannot receive Freeview without an aerial...it is not transmitted via Cable.
    So in short...you need your own outside (preferrably) aerial.

3. Hussain

Hussain
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks!