Samsung 40" 7020 LED TV Power Cable

forceyboy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

New to AVF and having a problem trying to disconnect the power cable.

Reason being I'm trying to take it off to feed it down a cavity wall to hide the wires... I can get the back off where the power cable goes in no problem. I can also get to the white connector but can't get it out. It's a little fiddly as the it is just off centre, (and I'm thinking of even taking the back panel off). I'm also worried I may pull too hard and break it. I manage to get the white connector to move slightly but then I feel like I really have to pull it (which makes me nervous). So how much harder did you pull?! <smile>

Also was it easier to re-attach once you had it on the wall?!

Any suggestions from one and all would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Forcey Boy

Maybe I'm looking at this wrong, but personally if it is a molded plug I'd just cut the plug off, feed the cable down the wall and then fit a new plug on the end. Job done and no need to disassemble the tv to do it :)

Hi, I have just bought the ue40b7020ww tv also.
If u push in the small tabs at the side of the white power lead connector, and jiggle the connector side to side, it should come off.
I am trying to find a spare white connector so that i can wire a longer cable to it and also hide it behind my cavity wall.
As i have an extended 5 yr warranty thrown into the deal, i was told that if i chop the cable or the mains plug of the cable then my warranty will be void.
Therefore it is probably going to be better if i get a hold of a spare white connector and wire a new longer cable to it, and if the tv ever breaks down , take of my lead and put the original mains cable back on and run outside my cavity before the engineer comes out to check it.
I hope this helps.
Also let me know, if you know where i can get the spare part I am looking for.

Thanks.

Nadeem:thumbsup:

HI mate any luck finding a spare white connector.

I am also wanting to extend the power cable.

I was on the lookout for one as well, but had no luck. I ended up buying a replacement power cable from Samsung for a rip off £34! At least this has enabled me to chop the original cable in the knowledge I can just put the new one on should anything go wrong with the TV.

4MySamsung.co.uk - Samsung Assy power cord 250/10A

how long is the replacement cable mate? I need at least a 3m length. :rolleyes:

how long is the replacement cable mate? I need at least a 3m length. :rolleyes:

It is the same length as the original. I only bought it for warranty purposes. I added length to the original cable.

HI mate any luck finding a spare white connector.

I am also wanting to extend the power cable.

Has anybody found that connector?
I want to extend the power cable of my Samsung UE46B8000XW.

Thanks!

dave

this might be a stupid question but how did you add length to the original cable. Was it simply added new wire and taping it together or is there a better way of connecting the two wires together?

dave

this might be a stupid question but how did you add length to the original cable. Was it simply added new wire and taping it together or is there a better way of connecting the two wires together?

I just used a 'Chock Block'. No better way that I could see.

I showed the Samsung power cable to a friend of mine who's job is te repair cars. He immediately recognised the white connector as three well known connectors used in cars.

So I bought a new power cable, attached the three connectors and it works!

I showed the Samsung power cable to a friend of mine who's job is te repair cars. He immediately recognised the white connector as three well known connectors used in cars.

So I bought a new power cable, attached the three connectors and it works!

I'll be wall mounting my sammy soon - is this white connector some sort of proprietory thing? I've never taken the back off the tv so no idea exactly what lies in store....

Has anyone identified the connector yet?
I'm a little loath to shell out ~£35 for a new cable I'm then going to chop.

You're looking for 3 isolated (female) Faston 4.8mm connectors.

A handy friend fixed a new power cable for my Samsung and he has used those connectors to slide the cables into the big grey connector at the back of the panel. Here's his manual in Dutch (read it with translate.google.com):

De connector in de TV zelf (zit onder een plastic kapje met 1 schroef) bestaat uit een wit-plastic omhulsel met 3 ongeisoleerde Faston 4.8mm connectors er in. Er zijn speciale types Faston stekkers verkrijgbaar die bedoeld zijn om in zo'n plastic omhulsel te schuiven. De originele kun je met behulp van een metalen pennetje (omgebogen paperclip o.i.d.) uit het plastic omhulsel halen, maar dit is een lastig klusje als je de truc niet kent. Dan kun je met de nieuwe Fastons een netsnoer met randaarde monteren aan/in de originele connector. Let er wel op dat je speciale ongeisoleerde Fastons gebruikt die geschikt zijn om in een connector te monteren. Deze zijn net iets anders dan normale ongeïsoleerde Fastons; ze hebben een lipje aan de onderkant.

Alternatief (wat ik bij jou heb gedaan om de originele connector en netsnoer heel te houden voor de garantie) is het monteren van 3 losse geïsoleerde Faston 4,8mm connectors op het open uiteinde van een standaard netsnoer met randaarde. Als geïsoleerde Fastons niet beschikbaar zijn, kan je ook ongeïsoleerde gebruiken en deze isoleren met een stukje krimpkous. Hierna kun je de losse Fastons in de TV schuiven op de plaasten waar de stekkers van de originele connector in de TV zitten. Let er hierbij wel op dat je de goede draadkleur op het goede pennetje in de TV steekt! Hiervoor kun je naar de originele connector kijken. Blauw en bruin onderling omdraaien is niet erg, maar de geel-groene (aarde) moet op de goede plaats zitten! (Uit mijn hoofd is de NL geel-groene in het Engelse snoer ook een geel-groene of een groene draad).

Daarna kun je het nieuwe netsnoer met een Ty-Rap om het plastic busje (waar de schroef van het kapje in de TV gaat) vastmaken om een soort trekontlasting voor het snoer te creëren (het originele snoer heeft een plastic oogje op die plek). Vervolgens kan het kapje weer op de TV.
All kudos for Daan Streuli.
Good luck!

SAM_0956.jpg

SAM_0952.jpg

I have now taken off the black panel on my tv and this is the white connecter every is talking about does anyone have a clue where i can find one???

I am going to be wall mounting this tv but have a kettle type already in a solid brick wall so want to use that and chop the end off and put one of these white connecters on and save this one incase i have any issues with the tv.

Please guys HELP

That looks like exactly the same connector I have on my C8000 TV, I'd love to second John's call for help :)

Had a search for the Faston 4.8mm connector but nothing even vaguely similar came up.

Anyone have any ideas?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom